Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--week 9

The most intriguing match-ups this week are MO West & NWMS going on the road to play a tough Lincoln team and a UCM team that is on a 3 game winning streak. It is also intriguing because this will be MO West's first game after a 2-week lay-off due to COVID. Another intrigue is that NWMS has had a few issues at UCM over the last few years and that could also be interesting as well. Should be another interesting week as we are now in the 2nd half of conference play and we are almost to Feb conference play!

I think it will be interesting to see how Washburn handles UCO and Newman on the road, after suffering their 2nd loss at Emporia State. Going to be a lot of games in a short period of time. Feb. will be jam packed with basketball.

Comment

Comment

I might have to disagree on the most intriguing match ups this week, I think it is probably on the women's side with UNK vs FHSU2, round 1 on Thursday and round 2 on Saturday. For those that might not know, it is a match up of head coach vs former player/assistant coach. It seems to always be an intriguing game but playing twice in one week adds to it. UNK women are undefeated and ranked #5.

Comment

Agree, should be a great one on the Women's side. Back to back makes it even more difficult for both teams.

Comment

NW survived a close call with a come from behind 76-74 win in Jeff City.

Comment

Is that attendance number with the game played in Jefferson City correct ... 375? Just listening to John Coffey talking while calling the game on the radio, he mentioned at least a couple times with being impressed about the number of Lincoln fans coming out for the game in a "packed house". Sitting at home listening to the game that surprised me with the attendance restrictions imposed by I assume the other teams in the MIAA. So, it was a bit amusing to me ... or concerning ... with all the Covid precautions that are suppose to be undertaken during home games within the MIAA requiring that fans "must" wear a mask. However, when you look at the picture on the Bearcat website link below, it appears about half the fans in the pic either don't have a mask or it's dropped below their nose, which alone is always petty amusing to me in that people we even see on a daily basis who do this for some reason think it's somehow complying and effective to wear their mask that way. Idiots. . Anyway, just curious if anyone in the league actually enforces the mask mandate among fans in attendance during home games? Pictures I see at Maryville High School games with fans in the stands with those game pics in the Daily Forum is a bit of a joke. Appears to be a very relaxed policy going on there. Maybe they aren't required at Maryville HS. Anyway, the pic below at the game in Lincoln was a bit concerning for the sake of the players for both NW and LU.

Hell of a tough game played by both teams.

https://bearcatsports.com/news/2021/...ers-76-74.aspx
              Last edited by ZubCat81; 01-29-2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

By the way, I'm all for seeing a much more liberal lifting of the fan restrictions at NW and seeing the students back in the stands bringing their noise to Bearcat Arena. The players would love it.

Comment

Also not much social distancing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                    Agree, should be a great one on the Women's side. Back to back makes it even more difficult for both teams.
                    FHSU gets round 1 with a 12 point victory.

As an FHSU alum I have always enjoyed the FHSU vs UNK rivalry in sports going back years before both schools will in the MIAA. Might not be the rivalry it once was but for us older individuals it is always a fun game.
                    Women with round 2 on Saturday - it will be interesting to see coaching adjustments.
                    Men - had a very close game in December up at UNK with UNK a four point win.
                    Should be some enjoyable games to watch, just not the same without the crowds like they can be at Gross with 3,500+ fans in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                      Is that attendance number with the game played in Jefferson City correct ... 375? Just listening to John Coffey talking while calling the game on the radio, he mentioned at least a couple times with being impressed about the number of Lincoln fans coming out for the game in a "packed house". Sitting at home listening to the game that surprised me with the attendance restrictions imposed by I assume the other teams in the MIAA. So, it was a bit amusing to me ... or concerning ... with all the Covid precautions that are suppose to be undertaken during home games within the MIAA requiring that fans "must" wear a mask. However, when you look at the picture on the Bearcat website link below, it appears about half the fans in the pic either don't have a mask or it's dropped below their nose, which alone is always petty amusing to me in that people we even see on a daily basis who do this for some reason think it's somehow complying and effective to wear their mask that way. Idiots. . Anyway, just curious if anyone in the league actually enforces the mask mandate among fans in attendance during home games? Pictures I see at Maryville High School games with fans in the stands with those game pics in the Daily Forum is a bit of a joke. Appears to be a very relaxed policy going on there. Maybe they aren't required at Maryville HS. Anyway, the pic below at the game in Lincoln was a bit concerning for the sake of the players for both NW and LU.

Hell of a tough game played by both teams.

https://bearcatsports.com/news/2021/...ers-76-74.aspx
                      At NW, the seatback side is distanced and has masks on from what I can tell. On the bleachers side I don't pay attention to masks but it's pretty obvious they don't social distance and just sit in their normal spots, probably out of habit/superstition.

I watched the game last night. No way they only had 375 people in there at Lincoln. Bleachers were nearly full from what the cameras showed. I thought the MIAA policy was 25% of capacity. If it is a conference rule then there should be repercussions for schools not following it. If it's up to each school based on local guidelines, then I can understand why there would be differences.

Comment

NW playing the best they have in quite awhile. Up 30 at half against UCM

Comment

Looks like NW remembers last years results in the burg

Comment

NW wins at UCM 80-37. They were up 45 when the starters went out with about 7 minutes left.

As Cousin Eddie said: I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              NW wins at UCM 80-37. They were up 45 when the starters went out with about 7 minutes left.

As Cousin Eddie said: I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
                              To second NWFanatic, maybe a little revenge factor for the loss last year. As well as we played yesterday, it's hard to imagine UCM basketball has fallen that far. They were not good by any stretch.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X