Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA coaches on the hot seat.

So UCM is playing much better after last week's rant, which coaches do fans of the MIAA predict are on the hot seat. I see Pitt State and MO.West as the two best possibilities any others. Chime in please.

Re: MIAA coaches on the hot seat.

UCM is in the running to make a regional. I'm not sure why you'd put Coach Karleskint on the hot seat, especially when he still had a winning record at 9-5 even after losing 3 of 4. Even most of the good teams in this regional (well, other than NWMSU) have been running into rough patches.

Comment

I see by your icon you are a coach K fan which while the season started rough is starting to right itself the question is can he continue hopefully yes as I am very loyal and passionate about my mules as an alumni.The main reason for this post is how fans of all the teams in the league feel about their current basketball coach.

Comment

Has Washburn named a replacement for Coach Chipman? Just curious if they are staying in-house or doing a search at end of season.

Comment

Brett Weiberg for sure. Hasn't done anything special at MW and is on 0-8 losing streak against NW. If long time football coach Jerry Partridge gets fired then it's hard to believe Weiberg survives to see another season at MW.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            Brett Weiberg for sure. Hasn't done anything special at MW and is on 0-8 losing streak against NW. If long time football coach Jerry Partridge gets fired then it's hard to believe Weiberg survives to see another season at MW.
            I agree. The talent level under Weiberg is pretty bad. Also, his constant whining and crying to the officials is annoying. Him and the women's coach must have some sort of challenge going on who can throw the most childlike tantrums on the sideline. From what I saw yesterday they are in a dead heat.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
              I agree. The talent level under Weiberg is pretty bad. Also, his constant whining and crying to the officials is annoying. Him and the women's coach must have some sort of challenge going on who can throw the most childlike tantrums on the sideline. From what I saw yesterday they are in a dead heat.
              I was only able to stay for half of the men's game, so maybe something happened in the second half that I didn't see. I did see him talk to officials going into a timeout and going into halftime, but I didn't see anything histrionic. The most animated I saw him was getting after one of his own players, which was pretty out of character from what I've seen over the years. I also haven't seen many games this year, so I guess it's possible his personality has undergone a major change. But whatever else you want to say about Coach Weiberg, to compare his court side demeanor to Edmisson is ... bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                I see by your icon you are a coach K fan which while the season started rough is starting to right itself the question is can he continue hopefully yes as I am very loyal and passionate about my mules as an alumni.The main reason for this post is how fans of all the teams in the league feel about their current basketball coach.
                Actually, I am unfamiliar with Coach Karleskint. I came to Arkansas Tech last year and was at Winona State before that (I had an NSIC icon before I came to Tech). I was just making an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                  I was only able to stay for half of the men's game, so maybe something happened in the second half that I didn't see. I did see him talk to officials going into a timeout and going into halftime, but I didn't see anything histrionic. The most animated I saw him was getting after one of his own players, which was pretty out of character from what I've seen over the years. I also haven't seen many games this year, so I guess it's possible his personality has undergone a major change. But whatever else you want to say about Coach Weiberg, to compare his court side demeanor to Edmisson is ... bizarre.
                  He was more obsessed with talking to and trying to stare down officials for a large part of the game (until the outcome was in hand) than he was with coaching up his players. Two of the timeouts he took in the second half he spent trying to talk to officials who were rightfully ignoring him instead of providing his team with guidance. He had to be held back by the assistant coach and redirected to the huddle on another timeout. I'm
                  Not saying he shouldn't talk to officials as all coaches do it, but his continual whining is annoying IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                    He was more obsessed with talking to and trying to stare down officials for a large part of the game (until the outcome was in hand) than he was with coaching up his players. Two of the timeouts he took in the second half he spent trying to talk to officials who were rightfully ignoring him instead of providing his team with guidance. He had to be held back by the assistant coach and redirected to the huddle on another timeout. I'm
                    Not saying he shouldn't talk to officials as all coaches do it, but his continual whining is annoying IMO.
                    As I said, I missed the second half so I can't dispute what you saw. But that's certainly not typical of what I've observed since he's been in St. Joseph.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X