Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 of MIAA play

Another interesting week coming up in the MIAA. Biggest games this week are MO Southern at NWMS in a COVID make-up game on Tuesday night and Fort Hays going on the road to play at UCO on Sat. night. The only other intriguing games are Emporia St and Washburn going on the road to play Rogers St. and NSU. Both Rogers St. and NSU are capable and that road swing is always tough. Should be very interesting to see what the standings look like next week. The top 6 are still separating themselves from the pack. We will see if Rogers St, UCM. NSU or MO West can make a run. Those four teams are capable and could be spoilers as we go into the last month of the season.

I think UCM has 8 games left 4 teams below them in the standings if win 5 will still have a below .500 record against d2 teams. Have 3 5th year seniors and still are # 161 in the performance indicators. How the coach keeps his job is beyond my imagination. For 4 yrs I have been on here saying he is not going to make it. He still sucks

Comment

I agree. UCM is a hard team to figure out. A 30pt win at MO Southern, a 37point win at home against MO West and then a 40 point loss at NWMS. I thought they played the Bods really well and prolly should have won that game. I think they have some nice talent but just don't play together very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        I agree. UCM is a hard team to figure out. A 30pt win at MO Southern, a 37point win at home against MO West and then a 40 point loss at NWMS. I thought they played the Bods really well and prolly should have won that game. I think they have some nice talent but just don't play together very well.
        The game against the Bods was simply a case of "bad teams find a way to lose". As a Bods fan you might say "good teams find a way to win" but the Mules were inept in the final minutes of that game.

Comment

FHSU continues its road stretch with two more road games this week. Winning is never easy but on the road makes it a little more difficult!!
          All over the conference some good basketball still to be played.

Comment

I see that the Lincoln/MSSU game is postponed on Thur. Is it because of Covid or impending weather?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

With UCM. 7 games remaining I see a 4-3 outcome. Giving the Mules a 12-12 record against D2 teams. This conference has some really really ......bad teams Pitt State gives Lincoln their only D2 win. Looks like Anderson is having problems.

Comment

The only D2 team to lose to Lincoln beats the Mules in the Multi.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          The only D2 team to lose to Lincoln beats the Mules in the Multi.
                          I don't get how UCM is so inconsistent. Beat MSSU twice then lose to PSU a team they beat earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

I don't get how UCM is so inconsistent. Beat MSSU twice then lose to PSU a team they beat earlier.
                            The Mules just aren't very good and bad teams often find a way to lose. Of the Mule's 8 wins against D2 opponents, 6 are by 8 points or more. The Mules are 2-6 in 2 possession games (games decided by 6 points or less or in OT) & 1-4 in single possession games (3 points or less or OT).

The Mules have some talented guys but they seem to try do it themselves instead of together. They rank 13th out of 14 MIAA teams in assists/game.
                            Last edited by Randy; 02-08-2022, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Should've looked at the stats as to how Lincoln beat PSU. They shot almost 60% from three. A couple people I know at the game mentioned Lincoln was making well-guarded threes. Sometimes that just happens. Heck they were beating NWMSU by 25 at one point when they played them. Pitt was also missing three starters including their two leading scorers (whom they didn't have against UCM either or for non-conference action). MSSU isn't that good either. The conference has two great teams (NWMSU and UCO) then two decent teams in FHSU and Emporia. After that anyone in the conference can beat anyone.

One thing that is most impressive about NWMSU is that during this run they have been on they have not sustained any season-ending injuries to their most important players and that is with a guy like Hudgins who basically doesn't go out of the game. Lot of credit is given to the players and Ben, but man their athletic training staff and strength and conditioning coaches must be incredible as well. On that note I also do not want to jinx it and wish injury on any player. Trevor seems like a great kid as well as does the rest of their roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X