Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 of MIAA play

The top two have contrasting weeks. NWMS goes on the road to play both ESU and MSSU. Both are really good at home. I think this is NWMS's toughest week left. If they get thru unscathed then I think they will win the conference out right. One more test with playing at home against WU but this week are their toughest tests left. Rogers St. and NSU go on the road to play at FHSU & UNK. These games are really important for the Oklahoma schools they make a push to get to KC and possible in the top 6. Two other interesting games are MO West @ MSSU and UCM @ WU. All are very important as all of these team jockey for first round byes and try to avoid the play-in games.

Agree... this is a tough week and a huge test for NW with 3 road games, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. If they get through it without a loss, I'll feel better about making it to the finish line having 3 out of the last 4 at home. That said, all 3 of those home games are against teams with double digit conference wins. Washburn always scares me... they beat us at home twice last season, so I'm not sure homecourt means all that much with them. I'd just prefer UCO loses another one and gives us a little breathing room. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
      The top two have contrasting weeks. NWMS goes on the road to play both ESU and MSSU. Both are really good at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        Agree... this is a tough week and a huge test for NW with 3 road games, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. If they get through it without a loss, I'll feel better about making it to the finish line having 3 out of the last 4 at home. That said, all 3 of those home games are against teams with double digit conference wins. Washburn always scares me... they beat us at home twice last season, so I'm not sure homecourt means all that much with them. I'd just prefer UCO loses another one and gives us a little breathing room. ;)
        You need to ask more often! MWSU downs UCO :)

Comment

I was a huge MWSU fan this afternoon. Congrats(and thanks) to the Griffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
            Ask and ye' shall receive...

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

You need to ask more often! MWSU downs UCO :)
              Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Ask and ye' shall receive...

Comment

Griffons are not as bad as they have been the last month and a half. Jekyll & Hyde for sure. Griffs had a covid pause and are still down a starter.

Comment

Comment

NW cant buy a bucket right now. Emporia meanwhile is playing like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Emporia is in my opinion the most "talented" team in the league. Problem is at times they have poor shot selection that can really hurt them and aren't necessarily engaged on defense (hence their 5 losses). Those two guards are phenomenal though and make them incredibly difficult to beat. I also don't want to hear NMSU fans complain about officiating, because quite honestly, I've seen them play a decent bit and they seem to get a lot of calls. They set a lot of moving screens and Dreamer in particular gets away with a lot in the post (it's how he defends against a lot of these guys that are stronger than him in the post) I say all this with incredible respect for McCollum and his program, but they are the beneficiary of a LOT of no-calls throughout the game. Will be interesting to see how they bounce back against Pitt tomorrow.

Comment

I was looking at the standings today on the MIAA website. Rogers St. has the longest winning streak in the league at 2 games. I think that shows the balance and the competitive nature of this conference right now. Last year, NWMS had 1 loss in the regular season and Washburn was 2nd with 6 losses. The middle of the conference is vastly improved over last year. I would say the top 10 teams are all very competitive and Pitt St. and Nebraska-Kearney are capable. Lincoln and Newman have had a tough time but last week Newman lost to FHSU by 3 and Lincoln beat Pitt and then lost to MSSU by 1 so those two teams had a very good week as well. The tourney in KC should be a ton of fun. I got a call from a friend of mine in KC that is a huge basketball fan and MIAA fan and his comment was, "well, the tournament is up for grabs this year". I agree. Whoever gets hot is going to win it and I think there are at least 5 or 6 teams that have a legitimate chance at the ship!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X