Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC End-of-Year Award PREDICTIONS

Well, we've reached the point in the season when the end-of-year awards should be coming out sooner than later.

Anyone want to throw in their predictions for Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, all-conference recognition, etc.?

I don't have time now but may throw some thoughts in later today or tomorrow. Figured we could at least generate some activity/discussion, as it has been fairly quiet on here considering it's the most important/intense time of the season.

Tyler Riemersma should be player of the year. Coach of the year to Tom Billeter or UIU head coach Brooks McKowen.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      Tyler Riemersma should be player of the year. Coach of the year to Tom Billeter or UIU head coach Brooks McKowen.
      No objections here

Comment

Yeah, kind of a no-brainer imho for the South. I'd be pretty surprised by any other outcome.

For the North I think you have to look to Duluth. Austin Andrews for POY...he's an equally impressive big man. Wieck for coach of the year. Wonder how much longer Duluth can hang onto him?

Comment

I assume Dunwa Omot is in the running for freshman of the year. I think there are others maybe with better stats but he has been a huge cog in the Mustang wheel.

Comment

I'd nominated myself for poster of the year for correctly picking Augie to win it all when even their own wouldn't be so bold. It's a disgusting feeling, but happy to get something right

Comment

I don't know all the awards, but if there is a newcomer of year award Nick Reid from UIU has made a huge difference to them. While we have prolific scorers on the team he has come through a lot on D drawing some of the toughest assignments down low, leads team in RB with 6.5 per game and over a block a game. He's one of the reasons for the success we've had this year. I could see Smoldt and Hilmer 1st team. Too bad Jareese went down, he was a candidate for POY and 1st team as well. A lot depends on how we do in tourney, but I'd say McKowen for coach of year.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                I'd nominated myself for poster of the year for correctly picking Augie to win it all when even their own wouldn't be so bold. It's a disgusting feeling, but happy to get something right
                Yes, I remember reading your post, which I thought was preposterous at the time. Let me nominate you to the new prognosticator of the year award. Congratulations.

Comment

Comment

Yes, I remember reading your post, which I thought was preposterous at the time. Let me nominate you to the new prognosticator of the year award. Congratulations.
                    I think we should all re-post our predictions for fun after season. I'm hoping to make a nice +/- game for next year out of it, as well as getting us back to weekly pickem.

Enjoy your title and may Northern (get too and) continue they Wachs south dominance, haha

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Sooner and later you will see great changes made, dreadful horrors and vengeances. For as the Moon is thus led by its angel, the heavens draw near to the Balance. (Basketball related)

Comment

Sooner and later you will see great changes made, dreadful horrors and vengeances. For as the Moon is thus led by its angel, the heavens draw near to the Balance. (Basketball related)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                          I don't know all the awards, but if there is a newcomer of year award Nick Reid from UIU has made a huge difference to them. While we have prolific scorers on the team he has come through a lot on D drawing some of the toughest assignments down low, leads team in RB with 6.5 per game and over a block a game. He's one of the reasons for the success we've had this year. I could see Smoldt and Hilmer 1st team. Too bad Jareese went down, he was a candidate for POY and 1st team as well. A lot depends on how we do in tourney, but I'd say McKowen for coach of year.
                          Looking at the preseason poll, Upper Iowa was picked to finish higher than Augie in the South Division standings and was only picked a spot lower than the Vikings in the overall standings. For Augie to win the conference outright after seeing two starters and their first guy off the bench (and third-leading scorer) transfer this offseason, I'd lean toward Billeter over McCowan for Coach of the Year. Obviously there's a homer factor there, but I think it's reasonable in this case.

Not that UIU hasn't had a great season as well, but I think what Billeter has done with a team that barely made the conference tournament last year and lost three pretty key players is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Looking at the preseason poll, Upper Iowa was picked to finish higher than Augie in the South Division standings and was only picked a spot lower than the Vikings in the overall standings. For Augie to win the conference outright after seeing two starters and their first guy off the bench (and third-leading scorer) transfer this offseason, I'd lean toward Billeter over McCowan for Coach of the Year. Obviously there's a homer factor there, but I think it's reasonable in this case.

Not that UIU hasn't had a great season as well, but I think what Billeter has done with a team that barely made the conference tournament last year and lost three pretty key players is pretty impressive.
                            I think a lot will depend on the conf. tournament and how that plays out, that could swing things one way or the other. Assuming those games are factored in - or just regular season?

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X