Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldogs vs. Ichabods

Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs statistically have an advantage over the Washburn Ichabods. Tangibles: Bulldogs-avg 86ppg; Ichabods-avg. 75.6. Bulldogs allow-avg. 71.5; Ichabods allow-avg. 69.7*. FG Pct-Bulldogs-51.5%; Ichabods-45.7%. 3pt makes-Bulldogs-256; Ichabods-258*. 3pt pct-Bulldogs-37%; Ichabods-35.1%. FT pct-Bulldogs-72%; Ichabods-71%. Rebounds per game-Bulldogs-35.7; Ichabods-34.0. Rebound margin-Bulldogs-3.1; Ichabods--.6. Assists per game-Bulldogs-14.5; Ichabods-14.0. Turnovers per game-Bulldogs-10.5; Ichabods-10.4*

Summary--The Bulldogs score more, shoot it better in every category, rebound it better and lead slightly in assists. The Ichabods hit more threes, allow less points and turn it over slightly less. Most categories are pretty close but I would give the edge to the Bulldogs statistically.

Some additional tidbits: The Bulldogs were 3-2 against teams ranked in the top 10 in the regional and the Ichabods were 4-6. As far as strength of schedule: the Bulldogs had a pct of 50.5(6th toughest) and the Ichabods had a pct of 52.82(3rd toughest). Common opponents: Both beat Northern State: Bulldogs-2-0 and Ichabods-1-0 and both were 0-1 against Augustana.
    Last edited by Btech#3; 03-09-2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Additional additional tidbit: Duluth's best player (NSIC North Division Player of the Year) Austin Andrews went down with a knee injury in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NSIC Tournament and is still questionable at this point. Whether or not he's back at full strength (or even 80% strength) will likely impact what Duluth is able to accomplish this postseason.

I know Washburn doesn't really want to hear anybody's whining about injured players with the year they've had. Just a particularly inopportune time for Duluth to catch an injury like that.

Comment

Yes we have had our share of injuries but we are finally relatively healthy. Duluth appears to have very good "overall size" with a bunch of guys 6'4" to 6'6". The Bods start 5'11" and 6'1" guards with their front line 6'3', 6'6" and 6'9". Washburn has a negative rebound margin (-.6) so I would expect the "boards" are going to be a huge factor. Both teams score quite a bit so I would assume it will be an up and down game. In watching the Bulldogs, I felt like they moved the ball well and shoot it a little better but prolly are not as athletic or as fast as the Ichabods but again had better size at every position except the post (Clausing-6'9" vs. Andrews-6'6"). If Andrews doesn't play the Bulldogs will counter with Meister-6'9". I would expect Andrews to play. He last played in the Bulldogs quarterfinal win over Upper Iowa on Feb. 28th but he only played 9 minutes (prolly got hurt in the 1st half) so he has had 12 days of rest since his knee injury.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X