Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Southern up 16 over Northwest MO

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Northern St. and Upper Iowa switch places in top 8 with Augie moving to 7 and Northern St. up to 8? NW remains 1. SMSU, Arkansas Tech take 2 and 3 slots interchangeably. Moorhead 4, East Central 5, Monticello 6?
    1) NW Missouri
    2) Arkansas Tech
    3) SW Minnesota
    4) Moorhead
    5) AR-Monticello
    6) Augustana
    7) East Central
    8) Northern

That's what IMO it should be. But I think they'll switch Augustana and EC to avoid the GAC matchup (even though it's still weeks away).

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      1) NW Missouri
      2) Arkansas Tech
      3) SW Minnesota
      4) Moorhead
      5) AR-Monticello
      6) Augustana
      7) East Central
      8) Northern

That's what IMO it should be. But I think they'll switch Augustana and EC to avoid the GAC matchup (even though it's still weeks away).
      If you put Southwest Minnesota St. 2 and Arkansas Tech 3, according to your seeding, then it avoids NSIC vs NSIC and GAC vs GAC 1st round match up and keeps GAC vs NSIC match up at 4-5. I like that match-up scenario.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        1) NW Missouri
        2) Arkansas Tech
        3) SW Minnesota
        4) Moorhead
        5) AR-Monticello
        6) Augustana
        7) East Central
        8) Northern

I think if you move Tech down to 4, you'll be pretty spot on. I can't see Arkansas Tech moving up to 2, even with a win over a current top 10 and two wins over teams over .500 last week (Harding - 14-10).

However, if you think there should be a move made for matchups, I'd say moving Tech to 3 makes more sense. That way the matchups would be...

(1) Northwest Missouri State
        (8) Northern State

(4) MSU-Moorhead
        (5) Arkansas-Monticello

(3) Arkansas Tech
        (6) Augustana

(2) Southwest Minnesota State
        (7) East Central

No inter-conference matchups across the board and some of these matchups would be interesting as hell. Shoot, I'd look forward to a Tech/AU game just for the Justin Graham/Jordan Spencer matchup.
        Last edited by Toucanbird; 02-19-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
          I think if you move Tech down to 4, you'll be pretty spot on. I can't see Arkansas Tech moving up to 2, even with a win over a current top 10 and two wins over teams over .500 last week (Harding - 14-10).

However, if you think there should be a move made for matchups, I'd say moving Tech to 3 makes more sense. That way the matchups would be...

(1) Northwest Missouri State
          (8) Northern State

(4) MSU-Moorhead
          (5) Arkansas-Monticello

(3) Arkansas Tech
          (6) Augustana

(2) Southwest Minnesota State
          (7) East Central

No inter-conference matchups across the board and some of these matchups would be interesting as hell. Shoot, I'd look forward to a Tech/AU game just for the Justin Graham/Jordan Spencer matchup.
          I think this is more accurate of what new Central Region rankings will look like.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Much like MIAA teams outside of NW, the seriousness of my post was lacking.
            And now that one of the weak MIAA teams beat NW, with a well-executed game plan ... it should be easy for the much more talented teams from the NSIC or GAC to beat NW and win the regional.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan View Post
              And now that one of the weak MIAA teams beat NW, with a well-executed game plan ... it should be easy for the much more talented teams from the NSIC or GAC to beat NW and win the regional.
              I imagine you are posting this tongue in cheek, but this loss is just a loss in the grand scheme of things. As Mac said after the game credit goes to MOSO for executing their game plan and playing well. He also said it was a good wake up call and gives the staff and team time to make adjustments for tourney time. I always have said I did not think NW would go unscathed this season, so the loss did not surprise me.

I'll take my chances with a talented and consistent team come tourney time over teams who go hot and cold over the course of a season. As you mentioned, Pitts may not have had his best performance, but he will put this performance in the back of his mind and use it as motivation. I'm not worried about Pitts, he is the ultimate big time player, well tested in tournament play. He will be ready to carry the team come regional time.

Nice win by the Lions. Now put a streak together so you can knock out one of the NSIC teams from the regional. After all, you did slay the giant and now the sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                I imagine you are posting this tongue in cheek, but this loss is just a loss in the grand scheme of things. As Mac said after the game credit goes to MOSO for executing their game plan and playing well. He also said it was a good wake up call and gives the staff and team time to make adjustments for tourney time. I always have said I did not think NW would go unscathed this season, so the loss did not surprise me.

I'll take my chances with a talented and consistent team come tourney time over teams who go hot and cold over the course of a season. As you mentioned, Pitts may not have had his best performance, but he will put this performance in the back of his mind and use it as motivation. I'm not worried about Pitts, he is the ultimate big time player, well tested in tournament play. He will be ready to carry the team come regional time.

Nice win by the Lions. Now put a streak together so you can knock out one of the NSIC teams from the regional. After all, you did slay the giant and now the sky is the limit.
                You read me very well. It was definitely tongue in cheek. This will only make NW better.

I hope we can put a streak together, get the #2 or #3 seed in the MIAA tournament, and see if we can duplicate that effort again in the championship game. But we have a lot of work to do before that starting tomorrow night vs. Pitt and them Thursday vs. UCM.

Comment

Lions beat Pitt State tonight. It always surprises me how a team can whip a superior team one day and have a close game the next time. I suspect they will be ready for UCM for last home game of season.

Comment

It's unreal that Pitts got 20 pts while having an 'off-night' and Carr had 26 pts and it seemed like he couldn't miss. I thought Woods, Mosby & Ndow forced too many shots...Schneider was 5-6 on 3s but should have taken more shots. The Cats also had a poor FT%... Hopefully they can learn from this loss and finish with 35 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      It's unreal that Pitts got 20 pts while having an 'off-night' and Carr had 26 pts and it seemed like he couldn't miss. I thought Woods, Mosby & Ndow forced too many shots...Schneider was 5-6 on 3s but should have taken more shots. The Cats also had a poor FT%... Hopefully they can learn from this loss and finish with 35 wins.
                      Funny (odd) how stats work. Pitts 8-20 from the field (40%). Carr 12-18 (66.7%). Which statistically speaking means Carr's shooting night was 67% better than Pitts's.

Schneider didn't turn down hardly any open 3's. But when he got a good enough look, he buried them.

Both guys are primed for a big run, and the Ndow/Mosby/Woods trio probably won't be that off again in any combined effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        Funny (odd) how stats work. Pitts 8-20 from the field (40%). Carr 12-18 (66.7%). Which statistically speaking means Carr's shooting night was 67% better than Pitts's.

Schneider didn't turn down hardly any open 3's. But when he got a good enough look, he buried them.

Both guys are primed for a big run, and the Ndow/Mosby/Woods trio probably won't be that off again in any combined effort.
                        I'm fine with this. Assuming the Vikes moved up at all in the Regional rankings that come out today, all we need is two of the three conference tourneys in our region to be won by favorites rather than unexpected teams. If NWMSU is locked in and runs through that tournament, that's one less team the Vikes have to worry about pushing them out of the regional.

Go Bearcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          I'm fine with this. Assuming the Vikes moved up at all in the Regional rankings that come out today, all we need is two of the three conference tourneys in our region to be won by favorites rather than unexpected teams. If NWMSU is locked in and runs through that tournament, that's one less team the Vikes have to worry about pushing them out of the regional.

Go Bearcats!
                          I think that the Bearcats should be a good team player and lose in the semis of the MIAA tournament. Lol! That would get a second MIAA team in ... and they would still host the regional.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan View Post
                            I think that the Bearcats should be a good team player and lose in the semis of the MIAA tournament. Lol! That would get a second MIAA team in ... and they would still host the regional.
                            Nice thought I'm sure many MIAA fans would like to see this happen also.

Comment

Conspiracy theory: MIAA tells refs to make sure Northwest doesn't win the tourney!

There's big money to be made if we get a second bid.....no, wait a minute, that's division one I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Not that it would have made any difference, but I'm still trying to figure out why Xavier Kurth did not suit up against Pitt and Southern. He has been starting and playing great defense and rebounding well. NW's normal 8 man rotation went to 7 and seemed to have an impact against Southern. Not that NW would have fared any better against Southern, but I hope X is back soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X