Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Preseason Top 25 Polls

WBCA Division II Preseason Coaches Poll (10/31)
    1. Ashland (23)
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato
    3. Grand Valley State
    4. Catawba
    5. Tampa
    6. Assumption
    7. Texas-Tyler
    8. Minnesota-Duluth
    9. Eckerd
    10. Central Missouri
    11. Cal State-Dominguez Hills
    12. Azusa Pacific
    13. West Chester
    14. Wingate
    15. Montana State-Billings
    16. West Virginia State
    17. Union
    18. Bentley
    19. Angelo State
    20. Ferris State
    21. Lee
    22. Cal State-San Marcos
    23. Glenville State
    24. Texas Women's University
    25. Missouri Western State

Others Receiving Votes

Drury, North Georgia, Western Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Missouri Southern State, Southern New Hampshire, Gannon, Regis, California (PA), Columbus State, Lewis, Elizabeth City State, Harding, Tuskegee, Cal State-Los Angeles, Valdosta State, Lincoln (PA), Lubbock Christian, St. Thomas Aquinas

Wow. I know that the Mavs have a lot coming back- I just hope that they have that kind of year.

Comment

COMICAL Harding got votes and Southern Nazarene didn't get a single one. I guess the team's leading scorer and the nation's leading shot blocker returning don't matter? Wild.

VERY interested to see how the Crimson Storm stack up when they take on Mankato next week. REALLY tough matchup but a great measuring stick for SNU.

Comment

Ashland is the legitimate #1, Grand Valley will be really good too. I didn't see anything last year that suggests anybody else in the country will be better than UCM or MSU. Tampa and Eckerd both lost most of their scoring and had no depth. Assumption probably wouldn't have made the Central region tournament last year. Tyler and Catawba were decent but I don't think at the level of the best teams in the Central and Midwest regions - although Tyler brings everybody back. There's a few teams out west with potential - Billings brought in a transfer to upgrade from the one player they lost - but nobody with talent showed any real consistency last year.

I think Fort Hays and Southern Nazarene are probably as good as some of the teams filling out the top 25, but neither got a vote off anybody. There's a case to be made that D2 really shouldn't do pre-season polls.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X