19. Glenville State (4-1)
    20. Minnesota-Duluth (4-1)
    21. Anderson (5-0)
    22. Fort Hays State (4-0)
    23. Missouri Western State (4-1)

24. Regis (5-1)
    25. Fairmont State (5-0)

Others Receiving Votes
    Lubbock Christian, Colorado Mesa, Virginia State, Colorado School of Mines, West Georgia, Azusa Pacific, Eckerd, Texas A&M-International, North Georgia, Cal State-San Marcos, Carson-Newman, Augusta, Miles, West Virginia State, Cal State-Los Angeles, Harding, West Florida, Pittsburg State, Wingate, Northwestern Oklahoma State

D2CSC Women's Top 25 (11/28)
    1. Ashland (16) (5-0)
    2. Grand Valley State (5-0)
    3. Central Missouri (5-0)
    4. Catawba (3-0)
    5. Union (4-0)
    6. California (PA) (6-0)
    7. Thomas Jefferson (4-0)
    8. Drury (5-0)
    9. Southern Nazarene (6-0)
    10. Texas Woman's University (6-1)
    11. Florida Southern (5-0)
    12. Western Washington (5-1)
    13. Gannon (7-1)
    14. Anderson (5-0)
    15. Bentley (4-1)
    16. Colorado School of Mines (5-1)
    17. Montana State-Billings (6-2)
    18. West Chester (4-1)
    19. Tampa (6-2)
    20. Ferris State (3-0)
    21. Minnesota-Duluth (4-1)
    22. Pace (5-0)
    23. Colorado Mesa (6-1)
    24. Augusta (4-0)
    25. Assumption (3-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Regis, Pittsburg State, Glenville State, Cal State-Los Angeles, Embry-Riddle, Texas A&M-International, Lubbock Christian, Azusa Pacific, Fort Hays State

=============================

D2CSC Central Region Rankings
    1. Central Missouri (6) (5-0)
    2. Southern Nazarene (6-0)
    3. Minnesota-Duluth (4-1)
    4. Pittsburg State (5-0)
    5. Fort Hays State (4-0)
    6. Nebraska-Kearney (6-0)
    7. Missouri Western State (4-1)
    8. Northwestern Oklahoma State (6-0)
    9. Missouri Southern State (3-2)
    10. Northern State (5-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Harding, Northwest Missouri State, Southern Arkansas

Comment

Central Missouri is a National title contender, best backcourt in the country. Southern Nazarene is one of the best defensive teams in the country and has found enough scoring from their guards to be a top 10 team. Pitt St can score, and I think they're capable of playing better defense than they've shown in the first half of a few games. I think those three are in a different category than the rest of the region, although I haven't seen Fort Hays yet. Duluth is still really solid, but I don't think they quite have the scorers to be considered top-tier anymore, and that Parkside loss isn't a good one.

Nice win for Southern Arkansas last night, was going to complain about nobody giving Henderson votes but they're 4-3 now. I think those two and Harding are all good enough to compete when fully healthy, but everyone is a step or two behind SNU. I think Ark Tech is solid too, but they haven't played enough to prove it yet.

I think I always catch Missouri Western on the wrong nights, what I see on the floor out of them the 6 or 7 times I've seen them the past couple years never lines up with the W/L records they have. Pitt built a house out of bricks in the first half and still beat them comfortably last night. Southern is around the level of Kearney, the Freshman big is decent and guard play is still solid. Not sure what to make of Kearney, but undefeated is undefeated. Northwest is apparently decent? We'll find out tomorrow against Pitt.

Northern State looks solid, but also has a weird Parkside loss. I thought Augie looked decent against UCM, but NAIA losses are concerning. They play Concordia tonight, seems like an important one. They played well in the win over Mich Tech, and there are only so many post-season berths available. Minnesota State... I'm not really amused with the press, but they're good enough when healthy to beat a lot of teams.

Feels like the GAC deserves a second bid at least this year based on the non-conference performance, the top half there look like they're generally ahead of the NSIC in RPI right now.

Comment

D2Rover Good assessment there. The GAC has been interesting on the women's side so far. Henderson and Harding will definitely challenge SNU this year. SNU needs to develop some more depth or they're gonna burn out by March. Southern Arkansas is an interesting one. Their style is going to win them games, but if shots aren't falling, it's going to cost them a lot as well. Past few years they've started hot, the faded significantly later in the season. Will be interesting to see what happens there this year.

Comment

MOSO's wins over Harding and Henderson State will hurt the GAC, particularly if MOSO ends up 5th-7th in the MIAA. Not a good start to the MIAA season for MOSO with losses at NW and MoWest. Will be interesting to see how this team comes together this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X