• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA Tournament - Men

NWMSU down 1 with 9 seconds left.

Comment

Shockingly, Schneider hits a 3 with 2 seconds left.

Comment

Couple of free throws later and NWMSU stays alive with a 67-63 win over Missouri Southern. Would've been interesting to see the Bearcats fall again to MOSO in such a short time period.

Even more interesting would've been this scenario: MOSO wins, snags the 8th seed because Arkansas Tech, Monticello or East Central wins the GAC Tournament, and MOSO and NWMSU meet as the 1/8 matchup in the Regional, and the Lions pull off a THIRD win over the Bearcats in Round 1 of the Regional.

That would've been nice.

Comment

Final flurry sees Northwest grab an offensive rebound off a missed free throw and fall to the floor, calling timeout while laying there surrounded. After TO, there's another scramble for a loose ball and the ball was never in solo possession by anyone, yet NW gets another TO. In the closing madness, Pitts is shut off but finds Schneider a few feet behind the arc, and he hurries his shot leaning into it and it finds nothing but net.

Northwest whistled for 9 fouls on the day, with Southern never getting in the bonus. The Lions were called for 20+. We were the more aggressive team, but it was a bit too lopsided.

MIAA has one last chance to get a second team into the regional.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
            Final flurry sees Northwest grab an offensive rebound off a missed free throw and fall to the floor, calling timeout while laying there surrounded. After TO, there's another scramble for a loose ball and the ball was never in solo possession by anyone, yet NW gets another TO. In the closing madness, Pitts is shut off but finds Schneider a few feet behind the arc, and he hurries his shot leaning into it and it finds nothing but net.

Northwest whistled for 9 fouls on the day, with Southern never getting in the bonus. The Lions were called for 20+. We were the more aggressive team, but it was a bit too lopsided.

MIAA has one last chance to get a second team into the regional.
            Pretty close description but there is definitely bias here. The last TO was right in front of us and Mosby had the ball in his possession. Definitely a foul discrepancy but as you said, southern was much more aggressive in pushing and slapping for ball to throw off NW. Both sides have reason to complain about officiating so to me that means it was even for both.

Comment

As the post season progresses, we will see how good Northwest is. Personally, I wouldn't have a hard time betting on them.

I also saw over the last two weeks that a hard-working Southern team proved to be a very difficult matchup for Northwest.

Anybody have Zach Schneider's address? I'd like to send him a graduation card in May - glad to see him running out of eligibility. He hit the first field goal of the game, and the last. Both seemed really big.

Comment

Major kudos to D'Vante Mosby getting two HUGE rebounds for NW at the end of their semifinal game. Could not ask for a nicer kid or a harder working basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  Pretty close description but there is definitely bias here. The last TO was right in front of us and Mosby had the ball in his possession. Definitely a foul discrepancy but as you said, southern was much more aggressive in pushing and slapping for ball to throw off NW. Both sides have reason to complain about officiating so to me that means it was even for both.
                  Not a NW guy, and it was clear from the stadium replay that he had sole possession.

Comment

That being said, I sincerely hope that is not the officiating crew for the championship game. They did a horrible job in both the MSSU/NWMo game today and the UCM/UCO game on Thursday. The older salt n' pepper haired official routinely blew his whistle in anticipation of contact before the play had even happened. The worst example being the block call on C J Carr that probably (along with the Schneider 3 pointer) decided the second semifinal game.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Couple of free throws later and NWMSU stays alive with a 67-63 win over Missouri Southern. Would've been interesting to see the Bearcats fall again to MOSO in such a short time period.

Even more interesting would've been this scenario: MOSO wins, snags the 8th seed because Arkansas Tech, Monticello or East Central wins the GAC Tournament, and MOSO and NWMSU meet as the 1/8 matchup in the Regional, and the Lions pull off a THIRD win over the Bearcats in Round 1 of the Regional.

That would've been nice.
                      Yep, would have been nice to see. But ain't happening. Will be interesting to see how NW responds playing back to back nights. Just left the bar--all NW players still there volunteering their time to bus tables. Golly, aren't they great kids! 😆😜

Comment

As the post season progresses, we will see how good Northwest is. Personally, I wouldn't have a hard time betting on them.

I also saw over the last two weeks that a hard-working Southern team proved to be a very difficult matchup for Northwest.

Anybody have Zach Schneider's address? I'd like to send him a graduation card in May - glad to see him running out of eligibility. He hit the first field goal of the game, and the last. Both seemed really big.
                        That was a big time shot from a big time senior. Video replay showed he was fouled by Carr afterwards too. The replay also showed Carr leaving Schneider for just a split second to help off on Pitts. Just enough to get Zach a sliver of space to operate. Carr stays on Zach Southern moving on to the championship game and UIU on the outside looking in. Peacocks need to send Carr and Schneider thank you cards.

Comment

Bearcat announcers John Coffey and Matt Gaarder were very complimentary of MSSU. They thought MSSU was very athletic but just young if I remember right. They felt MSSU was going to be a contender next year and the year after that for sure. I felt the same way after seeing them at Bearcat Arena. With NW bringing back Pitts, Ndow, Dougherty, Welty and Kurth, I expect the MIAA to be very competitive at the top next season.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I felt that Southern's biggest problem, at least late in the game, was not having a big guy with hands. He was first to the ball numerous times only to have it knocked away or he lost control and the ball went out off Southern.

Comment

Anyone know if today's games will be broadcast on KSMO 62 like in years past?

Comment

Originally posted by mulnets View Post
                                Anyone know if today's games will be broadcast on KSMO 62 like in years past?
                                It is on MetroSports (channel 30) on TimeWarner Cable/Spectrum in Kansas City. That is the only TV I have heard of.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X