Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's Central Region Tournament Bracket

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Only two teams in and O-2. Not a good year for NSIC women's hoops. The conference needs to build itself up again.
    The good MIAA teams seemed to have a bit more overall athleticism this year.
    Northern gave Emporia a real battle. If I were the Emporia coach, I would be upset not having the normal home advantage for the regional tournament, as the #1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      The good MIAA teams seemed to have a bit more overall athleticism this year.
      Northern gave Emporia a real battle. If I were the Emporia coach, I would be upset not having the normal home advantage for the regional tournament, as the #1 seed.
      That's also what the Augie men had to deal with the past two seasons with the Sportsmans Show taking up the Arena both years during the Regional. Fortunately they had an option nearby that served as a suitable backup option, even if it was a very, very neutral court. Emporia's women don't seem to have any options like that, which would definitely be frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        That's also what the Augie men had to deal with the past two seasons with the Sportsmans Show taking up the Arena both years during the Regional. Fortunately they had an option nearby that served as a suitable backup option, even if it was a very, very neutral court. Emporia's women don't seem to have any options like that, which would definitely be frustrating.
        Neutral only in the fact that Augie had only played 3 games on that court 2 weeks earlier during each season. The atmosphere definitely wasn't neutral during the Regional.

Could have always played on the other "neutral" court located on campus at 33rd and Grange.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
          On the ESU - NSU game: Frederickson did a great job coming up with a zone defense that I don't think they had run all year. There is a reason that guy has won 800 games. Of course a staff led by a guy with 800 wins probably shouldn't have a clerical error in the book.
          On PSU-UCO: I wonder if getting beat in the first round of the MIAA allowed Pitt State to get some fresh legs. UCO had to play four games in six days last week, while Pitt only played one.
          On Harding-ATU: After the initial burst by Harding I thought this was actually a pretty close game, the Suns just couldn't overcome that early deficit.
          ON UCM-MSUM: The Jennies were trailing at the half and then blitzed the Dragons with a 10-0 run to open the second half.

Overall: It seemed to me that the MIAA teams had better athletes than the NSIC teams....Rhodes Reaves is a LOUD place, there were less than 1000 people there for the ESU game and my ears are still ringing...Jory Collins is now 32-7 in March as the Lady Hornets head coach.
          Nice right side left jab by you. The result is what it is. Our defense along with your poor shooting and lack of bigs almost proved the demise of the ever so mighty MIAA. While our guards were not good at taking care of the ball, that gourd of yours is incredibly talented but I don't have enough figures to count the times she just twirled and hopped on the lane throwing a ball wildly over her head and getting to the line.

We can all talk about the weak NSIC, but your top team, a #8 in the country was massively out rebounded and was losing to a incredibly underrated #8 seed for more than 39 minutes...I'd be careful of the whole "athletes" statement. See you in Aberdeen next year.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post
            Neutral only in the fact that Augie had only played 3 games on that court 2 weeks earlier during each season. The atmosphere definitely wasn't neutral during the Regional.

Could have always played on the other "neutral" court located on campus at 33rd and Grange.... ;)
            :)

For about the last 3 years, the only people who like Augie playing in the Elmen Center are opposing fans. Particularly on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              :)

For about the last 3 years, the only people who like Augie playing in the Elmen Center are opposing fans. Particularly on this message board.
              Of course that dead horse would resurrect on the women's regional chat...lol

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Of course that dead horse would resurrect on the women's regional chat...lol
                I was planning on that being my last comment. I take full responsibility for this one though.

Comment

Nice right side left jab by you. The result is what it is. Our defense along with your poor shooting and lack of bigs almost proved the demise of the ever so mighty MIAA. While our guards were not good at taking care of the ball, that gourd of yours is incredibly talented but I don't have enough figures to count the times she just twirled and hopped on the lane throwing a ball wildly over her head and getting to the line.

We can all talk about the weak NSIC, but your top team, a #8 in the country was massively out rebounded and was losing to a incredibly underrated #8 seed for more than 39 minutes...I'd be careful of the whole "athletes" statement. See you in Aberdeen next year.
                  We just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the first three quarters...but I'm not necessarily surprised. Harding is a pretty good defensive team.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
                    We just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the first three quarters...but I'm not necessarily surprised. Harding is a pretty good defensive team.
                    I'm lost...are you random quoting and commenting on your women's game or did you recently take a job at Emporia?

Comment

I'm lost...are you random quoting and commenting on your women's game or did you recently take a job at Emporia?
                      I accidentally quoted the wrong post.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X