Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules changes

I'm sure that a lot of you were glued to your sets last night watching the 'Yotes take on Iowa in the NIT, but I'm surprised at the lack of comments on the rule experiments taking place with a possible implementation for next season.
    --Instead of halves, they played 4 10 minute quarters.
    --4 fouls per quarter and after that teams go to the double bonus.
    --in overtime the fouls reset, but the limit is now 3 and then the double bonus.
    --on a dead ball in the front court which would cause a shot clock reset, the clock is now reset to 20 seconds as opposed to the full 30.

Re: Rules changes

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I'm sure that a lot of you were glued to your sets last night watching the 'Yotes take on Iowa in the NIT, but I'm surprised at the lack of comments on the rule experiments taking place with a possible implementation for next season.
    --in overtime the fouls reset, but the limit is now 3 and then the double bonus.
    --on a dead ball in the front court which would cause a shot clock reset, the clock is now reset to 20 seconds as opposed to the full 30.
    I'm doubting how closely you watched because they didn't play 4 ten minute quarters, they just reset the fouls at 9:59 of each half. Must have been too busy shopping for vintage zubaz on eBay.

I like the fouls resetting in OT but wish they would adopt the women's basketball/NBA function of advancing of the ball to half court after a timeout in the last few minutes of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      I'm doubting how closely you watched because they didn't play 4 ten minute quarters, they just reset the fouls at 9:59 of each half. Must have been too busy shopping for vintage zubaz on eBay.

I like the fouls resetting in OT but wish they would adopt the women's basketball/NBA function of advancing of the ball to half court after a timeout in the last few minutes of the game.
      I've never liked this...I know its meant to make the game more interesting and entertaining at the end of the game, but no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Didn't watch a lick, just stating the changes they were supposed to be trying. Surprised at the not playing 4 quarters.

Comment

I like this. Didn't they make a similar change to a 15 reset a few years back?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            I like this. Didn't they make a similar change to a 15 reset a few years back?
            That was on balls that were kicked. And not just by Grayson Allen.

Comment

That was on balls that were kicked. And not just by Grayson Allen.
              Yes, it used to be a total reset.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X