Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 9
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Depends on who host

Leave a comment:

• GMAC-Battler
    replied

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    All American status usually depends on how the team does in the post season. If Wesleyan wins all of their home games and conference tournament, he will be considered.

It probably will take at least a regional final to really promote him.
    Might be truth, but he has earned it with his play to this point. I think KWC is going to prove something by the time regional play begins in March. My one concern is this regional committee and how biased they were against KWC last year. If the Panthers win out I don't see how they can't be the 2 or 3 seed. I say KWC can not be the 1 seed because of the loss to USI, no problem with that. But if KWC wins out there is no way they should be a 6 or 7 or 8 seed.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

All American status usually depends on how the team does in the post season. If Wesleyan wins all of their home games and conference tournament, he will be considered.

It probably will take at least a regional final to really promote him.

Leave a comment:

• GMAC-Battler
    replied

Bosley is playing his best game since he has been at Wesleyan, and that's how it should be his senior year.

He shows up in the game when needed. His shot looks better, especially his long shot. Honestly, I think he looks better than Dominique Hawkins. He mostly lets the game come to him. I would like to see him dominate a game. He doesn't have to drive, and risk injury, as much this season because of the improved post play. He could and will before this season is over, out of necessity.
    Bosley should be in the running for all-American this season. Take away one really bad game early in the season and he has been money.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Bosley is playing his best game since he has been at Wesleyan, and that's how it should be his senior year.

He shows up in the game when needed. His shot looks better, especially his long shot. Honestly, I think he looks better than Dominique Hawkins. He mostly lets the game come to him. I would like to see him dominate a game. He doesn't have to drive, and risk injury, as much this season because of the improved post play. He could and will before this season is over, out of necessity.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

100% on point. Cedarville coach said Saturday was their best game. We will see that a lot. D&E is really improving. They just need to know how to finish and win games. Bracy-Davis is getting some help. We are over powering teams which is good but I wish we would out skill them more and score due to running our plays.

When Hatton, Bosley and Williams are hitting threes Foster is almost unstoppable and Mike can work the low post. Josh has been trying to run plays but others do not run the plays as they should. I am afraid it will get worst as the G-MAC teams do not have the players to handle us one on one. Happy has to keep the bad habits from growing.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

There are no guarantees regarding us going undefeated from here out but obviously we have a pretty good chance of doing so. I'd say now that we're past Cedarville on the road, Davis & Elkins on the road is probably the next greatest threat due to their athleticism, and Bracy-Davis could play minutes for anyone in the region. Alderson Broaddus, no matter how down, is always a threat at their place, and we've struggled at Trevecca - which is weird given the short trip. I would be truly shocked if we dropped one at home at this point, but one of those on the road could happen. Note that I said COULD happen - I'm not saying it's likely or saying that these teams are great teams or anything. I'm just saying that over the course of a basketball season the better team doesn't always win.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied

NCAA conference affiliation is never guaranteed, and every conference is evolving and fluid. Massey has kwc ranked higher now than at any time under Happy's tenure thus far. Massey also has Wesleyan winning out, and pretty convincingly.
    It seems with the Cedarville win, there really isn't much left from winning out the regular season. TNU on the road I would assume be the only obstacle. Question is where KWC will be seeded in the regional with only 2 losses (I have to assume they will win the G-MAC tourney, but I guess stranger things happen.)
    It may depend on what USI does. If USI ends up being the #1 seed then I could see KWC as high as 2 or 3. Otherwise, it will be more likely a 4 or 5. It is a shame but I think the SOS will prevent #1 seed unless there is no GLVC or GLIAC team with 6 losses or less. With that schedule KWC had to go undefeated or maybe a one loss to LMU. And yes I said it is a shame, because KWC was really not given a chance to prove they are #1 worthy. It really came down to one game very early in the season. That's like college football pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Wesleyan62
    replied

Gramps is feeling old. I want to win a regional again.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I'm really trying not to dislike any NCAA conference. That kind of thinking only belittles Wesleyan's athletic history.

NCAA conference affiliation is never guaranteed, and every conference is evolving and fluid. Massey has kwc ranked higher now than at any time under Happy's tenure thus far. Massey also has Wesleyan winning out, and pretty convincingly.

I didn't see the Lincoln memorial game, but this kwc team now is not the same team that played either LM and USI.

The athletic department is energized at Wesleyan. The entire college is energized, doing well, and the students are excited. David Williams left for a little more money and a chance to move up. He served us well in his limited tenure. The current athletic director at Kentucky Wesleyan has more support, tools and a much less toxic atmosphere. As long as Bart Darrell is the President at Wesleyan, the college is in good hands.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I am at a loss why people come on here stating things that just proves how full of crap they are. If you want facts look at how bad they lost to Lewis or lost to St Joes. They are far from a great team but their GLVC record is no embarrassment for them or the G-MAC.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

They are 5-9 and have been blown completely out of the gym in most of their games. You are one of those dorks who got a participation trophy I bet. Something has to explain why you get giddy over ineptitude.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    You can't whine about USI today, so you come over to our forum to tell us Cedarville is bad even though you've never seen them. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back and take your meds, must be awful living with depression you have, always unhappy and picking fights. I bet you are about 5' 6'' and was cut from every team you ever tried to make in high school. Would explain your nasty outlook on everything.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Cedarville tried to control the tempo and they did a good job early. They did not want to get into a running game with Wesleyan. They did everything they could to slow the game down by controlling their own shot clock and defending with intensity.

It was a good conference road win.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Any double digit conference win on the road is a good win. Good grief. Bosley, Harris, and Jacks had over 60 points. This game was designed to get Harris some minutes and points, check!

Leave a comment:

• GMAC-Battler
    replied

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Cedarville is awful! You really have no idea what you are taking about do you?
    You can't whine about USI today, so you come over to our forum to tell us Cedarville is bad even though you've never seen them. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back and take your meds, must be awful living with depression you have, always unhappy and picking fights. I bet you are about 5' 6'' and was cut from every team you ever tried to make in high school. Would explain your nasty outlook on everything.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X