Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Parkside banned from post-season 2017-18

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I admire the KNews insight and Intelligence, but if three incompetent hires in the Athletic Department are to blame, that's three too many.
    Well, yes. And UWP's coaches and student-athletes would likely tell you the exact same thing.

They got screwed by the incompetence of others. It's been addressed and new hires have been made. But not before the GLVC saw fit to bring the hammer down, obviously.

Look, I'm not saying UWP is totally innocent, don't get me wrong. But as of now, I have no reason to believe any coaches or student-athletes intentionally and knowingly committed serious violations. If the case of men's hoops, which is the main topic here, they committed NO violations.

Luke Reigel has built his program for 14 years from the ground up, and the GLVC just slapped him in the face. Again, my opinion. I won't be offended if others disagree, but when a program commits no violations, why should they be punished?

Comment

The GLVC banned the entire Athletic Department from Post Season play. There are members of the GLVC who will back stab any UWP Coach. I don't trust the GLVC. Glad Wesleyan is in the G-MAC, especially now.
      Last edited by alumnifan; 08-29-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KNews View Post
        Well, yes. And UWP's coaches and student-athletes would likely tell you the exact same thing.

They got screwed by the incompetence of others. It's been addressed and new hires have been made. But not before the GLVC saw fit to bring the hammer down, obviously.

Look, I'm not saying UWP is totally innocent, don't get me wrong. But as of now, I have no reason to believe any coaches or student-athletes intentionally and knowingly committed serious violations. If the case of men's hoops, which is the main topic here, they committed NO violations.

Luke Reigel has built his program for 14 years from the ground up, and the GLVC just slapped him in the face. Again, my opinion. I won't be offended if others disagree, but when a program commits no violations, why should they be punished?
        Someone is trying to getter a
        Bigger gig. Getting there name out in the news. Sorry lil jim. No d1 wants you even for janitor.

Comment

Originally posted by KNews View Post

I blame Reigel for not providing strippers and hos over the years. Then he would have just sit himself the first couple games this year, then party on.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            The GLVC banned the entire Athletic Department from Post Season play. There are members of the GLVC who will back stab any UWP Coach. I don't trust the GLVC. Glad Wesleyan is in the G-MAC, especially now.
            Yes it was a good move. Now kwc is more competitive!

Comment

We're doing alright. Wesleyan now has the largest Athletic Department in school history. Our budget still pales in comparison to large, wealthy, private universities, and large state universities in D2. It's always been that way. Three teams won conference championships last season. No matter what the college accomplishes, people fail to realize that Wesleyan has less than 1,000 students.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                Yes it was a good move. Now kwc is more competitive!
                Still fail to understand how, with the new teams coming in from the GLIAC and if Indy and Bellarmine (and possibly USI) jump ship to the GMAC, that wouldn't put KWC right back in the same situation they left.

Comment

Totally different that the GLVC. Unless you follow KWC and know the facts you will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    Totally different that the GLVC. Unless you follow KWC and know the facts you will never understand.
                    Yeah, I'm not talking about the whole thing where you think everything bad that happens to KWC is directly related to the GLVC, etc., etc.

What I'm talking about is in 2-3 years KWC could very well be right back in a league where they can't seriously compete in anything except 1 or 2 sports. Isn't the ability to compete in sports other than basketball a reason the KWC administration gave for leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                      Yeah, I'm not talking about the whole thing where you think everything bad that happens to KWC is directly related to the GLVC, etc., etc.

What I'm talking about is in 2-3 years KWC could very well be right back in a league where they can't seriously compete in anything except 1 or 2 sports. Isn't the ability to compete in sports other than basketball a reason the KWC administration gave for leaving?
                      He won't answer that so I will, YES.

Comment

GLVC is headed right where they belong. GMAC is headed where conferences that KWC help start go.

Comment

conferences that KWC help start
                          Like the GLVC? They are going where the GLVC is? I thought we were the devil.

Comment

Where KWC is headed (is already) is a conference of similar institutions that fit a specific profile (faith based, private, similar athletic budgets, etc). USI will never be a G-MAC member, even if they wanted to, because they do not fit the profile and we aren't desperate for members at this point. The conference is improving across the board, yes. But so is the KWC athletic program.

Comment

GLVC is headed right where they belong. GMAC is headed where conferences that KWC help start go.
                              Man...one would almost think that KWC didn't leave for the GMAC as a way to stave off going NAIA or D3. Things have gotten a little cockier in the Boro since you were all on here openly wondering whether or not the GMAC was going to make it 2-3 years ago.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                              Where KWC is headed (is already) is a conference of similar institutions that fit a specific profile (faith based, private, similar athletic budgets, etc). USI will never be a G-MAC member, even if they wanted to, because they do not fit the profile and we aren't desperate for members at this point. The conference is improving across the board, yes. But so is the KWC athletic program.
                              I'm glad the GMAC is improving, and if Indy jumps ship from the GLVC (which I've heard they want to) that'll more equitably spread the basketball competition out in the region. Wasn't KWC next to last in the GMAC president's cup last year, though?

Comment

Man...one would almost think that KWC didn't leave for the GMAC as a way to stave off going NAIA or D3. Things have gotten a little cockier in the Boro since you were all on here openly wondering whether or not the GMAC was going to make it 2-3 years ago.

I'm glad the GMAC is improving, and if Indy jumps ship from the GLVC (which I've heard they want to) that'll more equitably spread the basketball competition out in the region. Wasn't KWC next to last in the GMAC president's cup last year, though?
                                YES again....lol. Yikes, 57 points!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X