Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI's Stein named GLVC Player of the Week

Alex Stein is the GLVC Player of the Week! Great job by Alex this weekend as USI won twice.
    http://glvcsports.com/news/2016/11/1...114164405.aspx

Re: USI's Stein named GLVC Player of the Week

I also believed Julius Rajala could have easily been selected as the GLVC Player of the Week. He was outstanding in both games. One of the assistant coaches for Ashland told my wife and I after yesterday's game Rajala is a tremendous addition for USI. Can't wait until this weekend for the Classic!

Comment

I am hoping the USI pep band is available for this weekend's games. It would be nice to have them in attendance when USI takes the court against KWC.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
        I am hoping the USI pep band is available for this weekend's games. It would be nice to have them in attendance when USI takes the court against KWC.
        We will be there. I'll most likely be the designated tuba player this weekend unless a student should miraculously show up to play.

Comment

Don/ Carol quit making every USI event a headline. This should be under USI or glvc.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
            We will be there. I'll most likely be the designated tuba player this weekend unless a student should miraculously show up to play.
            Outstanding! I love to hear the USI fight song and see the cheerleaders run onto the court carrying the giant USI flag prior to the game! Thank you, schnautza! We will be there and appreciate your efforts!

Comment

I will come up and introduce myself to you. If you have a tuba, it should be easy to pick you out!

Comment

Outstanding! I love to hear the USI fight song and see the cheerleaders run onto the court carrying the giant USI flag prior to the game! Thank you, schnautza! We will be there and appreciate your efforts!
                You must be easy to please there, grandpa. You worry about having some half-effort corps of student musicians as part of a basketball game? Just give me some modern music on the speaker system and forget the band. The band at UIndy was not good when I was a student, rather hear some taped music piped in from the speakers. And the giant flag for USI gives you a thrill? You must be about 100 years old, gramps.

Comment

You should let Eagle Pride play the drums this weekend...he sure bangs the drums for Watson!

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                    You must be easy to please there, grandpa. You worry about having some half-effort corps of student musicians as part of a basketball game? Just give me some modern music on the speaker system and forget the band. The band at UIndy was not good when I was a student, rather hear some taped music piped in from the speakers. And the giant flag for USI gives you a thrill? You must be about 100 years old, gramps.
                    I think most fans enjoy the atmosphere of college basketball with a pep band and the enthusiasm it brings. Of course at UIndy there is no enthusiasm, as I saw this past weekend attending the games at Nicoson Hall! Maybe 100 UIndy fans at their games! lol!

Comment

I think most fans enjoy the atmosphere of college basketball with a pep band and the enthusiasm it brings. Of course at UIndy there is no enthusiasm, as I saw this past weekend attending the games at Nicoson Hall! Maybe 100 UIndy fans at their games! lol!

Got to agree with you there. I hate the canned music thing. Always too loud and frankly it is usually a genre that is not appropriate for a general audience. Now if these games had 95% students there instead of the other way around I could understand. It's a collegiate event shouldn't the entertainment be done by students (or at least alumni?) Having vulgar music by 50 Cent (unless its his alma mater) seems irrelevant to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                        Got to agree with you there. I hate the canned music thing. Always too loud and frankly it is usually a genre that is not appropriate for a general audience. Now if these games had 95% students there instead of the other way around I could understand. It's a collegiate event shouldn't the entertainment be done by students (or at least alumni?) Having vulgar music by 50 Cent (unless its his alma mater) seems irrelevant to the event.
                        The canned music in most of the gyms is vulgar and too loud, I agree with you. The pep bands bring much more to a college game.

Comment

I spoke with several of the athletic department staffers today and they confirmed the pep band will play this weekend. They are also doing a promotion to try and get the USI students to the games at the classic.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                            You must be an old man just like Eagle Pride to have this attitude. The kids like the modern music over the speakers, not a bunch of kids playing off key songs with no beat. They want to get in a rhythm in warmups, not fall asleep listening to music from 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                              You must be an old man just like Eagle Pride to have this attitude. The kids like the modern music over the speakers, not a bunch of kids playing off key songs with no beat. They want to get in a rhythm in warmups, not fall asleep listening to music from 30 years ago.
                              Gravy, you just do not understand the concept of being at a college basketball game to enjoy the festivities. A pep band is part of the atmosphere of any good college basketball game. I enjoy the USI pep band, think they do a great job and most of the boosters I associate with love to hear the USI fight song before the game. What I need to consider is your situation at UIndy, no fans, no pep band, a silent Nicoson Hall. I saw it firsthand over the weekend. USI actually had more fans than UIndy both days! That says a great deal about UIndy's support! lol!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X