Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

OK, lets put some life in this, who you got making the 3 conference tourneys and then who qualifies for the Big Dance?

My picks, which is probably big trouble for everyone listed (In no particular order)

GMAC - Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Alderson Broaddus, Walsh, Lake Erie, Hillsdale, Cedarville, Tiffin

GLIAC - Ferris St., Lake Superior St., Ashland, Grand Valley St., Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Wayne St., Saginaw Valley St.

GLVC - Drury, Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Southern Indiana, Truman St., Quincy, Lewis, McKendree

NCAA - Bellarmine, Drury, Findlay, Ferris St., Southern Indiana, Walsh, Ashland, Lake Erie

Lets keep it fun!!!

Re: 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

All picks look pretty solid,however I would keep Southern Indiana and Lake Erie out of the NCAA t-ment.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestHoops View Post
      OK, lets put some life in this, who you got making the 3 conference tourneys and then who qualifies for the Big Dance?

My picks, which is probably big trouble for everyone listed (In no particular order)

GMAC - Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Alderson Broaddus, Walsh, Lake Erie, Hillsdale, Cedarville, Tiffin

GLIAC - Ferris St., Lake Superior St., Ashland, Grand Valley St., Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Wayne St., Saginaw Valley St.

GLVC - Drury, Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Southern Indiana, Truman St., Quincy, Lewis, McKendree

NCAA - Bellarmine, Drury, Findlay, Ferris St., Southern Indiana, Walsh, Ashland, Lake Erie

Lets keep it fun!!!
      Are you putting them in order of how they finish? If so that is pretty much the only difference I would have with the conferences. My regional looks like this:

NCAA- BU, Ashland, DU, Ferris, UF, LSSU, Truman, McKendree(yes, McK makes it!)
      Last edited by KnightStalker; 09-27-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

USI will not make the tournament. Wod is incapable of developing talent, he has proven this.

His only success was with loaded teams that were recruited by Herdes.

Early exit in the GLVC tournament is the best case scenario.

Comment

Of course I left out Lewis who probably will make it but I already had 4 GLVC teams and I just had to throw MCKendree in there!

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
            Are you putting them in order of how they finish? If so that is pretty much the only difference I would have with the conferences. My regional looks like this:

NCAA- BU, Ashland, DU, Ferris, UF, LSSU, Truman, McKendree(yes, McK makes it!)
            I did not put my original picks in any particular order, but I will take Bellarmine, Ferris St. and Findlay as conference champs (big limb....I know).

Comment

Regional picks (in order):
              1. Bellarmine
              2. Ferris State
              3. Findlay
              4. Drury
              5. Indianapolis
              6. Ashland
              7. Lewis
              8. William Jewell

Comment

Rethinking my regional picks. Want McK in there but that was just wishful thinking.

1. BU
                2. UF
                3. Northern Michigan
                4. Indy
                5. Ferris
                6. Ashland
                7. Hillsdale
                8. Drury (Lewis would be here but can't see all 3 of the GLVC teams being from the same pod)

Comment

I do not think Ferris is as strong as thought. 8th spot will be a battle and two conferences will be unhappy.

Comment

1. BU
                    2. Indy
                    3. Findlay
                    4. Ferris
                    5. Ashland
                    6. Drury
                    7. Hillsdale
                    8. Northern Michigan

Comment

1.USI *2018 National Champs
                      2.BU
                      3.Findlay
                      4.Indy
                      5.Hillsdale
                      6.Northern Michigan
                      7.Lewis
                      8.Ashland

Comment

Not much attention being paid to Coach Hettinga and Lake Superior and that's a mistake.

GCCCAG

Comment

My monthly rankings(since the NCAA doesn't want to do it every month, I will):

1. BU
                          2. Ashland
                          3. Lewis
                          4. Findlay
                          5. Northern Michigan
                          6. Indy (I know the loss to Olivet Nazerene shouldn't count but come on, the committee will have to see that)
                          7. Hillsdale
                          8. USI (yes I think they deserve it!)
                          9. Davenport (who woulda thunk?)
                          10. GVSU

With that said that's how I would rank right now. I think eventually Ferris, LSSU get in there and Davenport and somebody else drops out(GVSU or USI?) Really think BU's only competition for #1 is Ashland since they don't play each other. Indy and Lewis will have their chances to play for the #1 by beating BU(although if they do beat BU it may just give it to Ashland.)

Comment

Not any substantial disagreement in the current rank, but I don't think it will end up anything close to that, with the exception of BU as #1. I still think that Drury may right their ship. I thought for a while that Findlay was a solid #2, but they are showing some holes in the bow. NMU is going to have a chance to challenge for the #1, although losing to Northwood is odd. Wins over Lewis, Hillsdale and Ohio Dom are as good as anybod else has at this point. Disregarding records at this point, I think Indy may put out the second best starting five in the region.

Comment

No big disagreement from me, although I would flip N. Michigan and Lewis. N. Michigan handled them pretty easily the first crossover weekend. I too think we Drury and Ferris are going to make some noise but boy they both of huge holes to dig out of. I agree with the ranking but Findlay seems really shaky right now at 4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X