• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABjo
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    That particular league starts play in February 2019 right after the Super Bowl. I am assuming he will be leaving soon.

If the goal of the school is to get in a league closer to campus, then as an interim it might be wise to put in place a person with experience in the short order who is respected by the coaches and ADs of that league and who also has a good rep within the G-MAC to make the transition easy. This person was given an award two years ago by fellow G-MAC ADs, coaches and G-MAC admin. He may be respected enough to broker a nice deal with the G-MAC to get the "D&E treatment". Notice I used the word INTERIM. I know who wants the job on campus. I get that. But solid experience right now would not hurt in the interim. We need a sound plan right now.
    I would be shocked if his replacement is NOT the current assistant AD, Carrie Bodkins.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

That particular league starts play in February 2019 right after the Super Bowl. I am assuming he will be leaving soon.

If the goal of the school is to get in a league closer to campus, then as an interim it might be wise to put in place a person with experience in the short order who is respected by the coaches and ADs of that league and who also has a good rep within the G-MAC to make the transition easy. This person was given an award two years ago by fellow G-MAC ADs, coaches and G-MAC admin. He may be respected enough to broker a nice deal with the G-MAC to get the "D&E treatment". Notice I used the word INTERIM. I know who wants the job on campus. I get that. But solid experience right now would not hurt in the interim. We need a sound plan right now.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
    Yep.
    Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Is he the last of the regime that the MEC folks dislike so much?
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
    Current AB AD, Denny Creehan, is listed as the new linebackers coach for the AAF Salt Lake team.

https://aaf.com/erickson-stallions-a...ach-additions/

No official announcement from the school yet.
    Is he the last of the regime that the MEC folks dislike so much?

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

Current AB AD, Denny Creehan, is listed as the new linebackers coach for the AAF Salt Lake team.

https://aaf.com/erickson-stallions-a...ach-additions/

No official announcement from the school yet.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

BTW - I guess G-MAC volleyball isn't too good this year. Over the weekend, the G-MAC schools collectively had a pretty dismal showing at the 2018 Midwest Region Volleyball Crossover. G-MAC ended the event with a 9-27 record. The GLIAC was 16-20 and the GLVC was 32-10. Lake Erie and ODU both went 2-1, everybody else had losing records. Even dependable (and currently first place) Hillsdale ended the event 0-3.

I usually post positive stuff, but thought I would keep it real.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

I was told conference would extend invite to Ashland, Notre Dame and one other school that being of president's vote at that time in spring of 2020. That school will have to have football. Things change, but just sharing.
    I'm sure that Urbana is hoping that Ashland and/or unnamed school #3 declines the offer.

NDC football is peaking at good time for invite discussion.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

I heard G-MAC will not expand until 2020. In February of 2018, Ashland declined an invite. They said they would re-evaluate their situation with the GLIAC in 2020. The GLIAC added Wisconsin-Parkside which is a bit of a drive for them. I was told conference would extend invite to Ashland, Notre Dame and one other school that being of president's vote at that time in spring of 2020. That school will have to have football. Things change, but just sharing.
    Appreciate the sharing. If ND accepts an invite to join the G-MAC we all know what the MEC will do. I'm still not convinced that Ashland has any intention of leaving the GLIAC but, as you said, things change. UIndy still seems happy in the GLVC despite all the moving around. Lincoln will now take their football back to the MIAA to replace Lindenwood which is actually a win for the GLVC. I have read that Bellarmine has a committee researching where they want to be concerning D2 or moving up. If they left the GLVC maybe that would have an effect on Indy's decision making. Also, as I read this post I realize that I'm pretty much just rehashing everything that we already know but it's a slow night in Findlay, Ohio. (most nights are)

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

I heard G-MAC will not expand until 2020. In February of 2018, Ashland declined an invite. They said they would re-evaluate their situation with the GLIAC in 2020. The GLIAC added Wisconsin-Parkside which is a bit of a drive for them. I was told conference would extend invite to Ashland, Notre Dame and one other school that being of president's vote at that time in spring of 2020. That school will have to have football. Things change, but just sharing.
    Last edited by JDonAB92; 10-05-2018, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Also we G-MAC fans need to be aware of what we are asking for with Bell, Indy and Ashland coming aboard.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I think it is possible that GLVC AD's are tired of getting pressure due to Bell (basketball) Indy (football) winning the conference year after year.

Also we G-MAC fans need to be aware of what we are asking for with Bell, Indy and Ashland coming aboard.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Originally posted by MidwestHoops View Post
    It seems as there is some major conference shuffling on the horizon. GLVC keeps going west, which, I am guessing may mean something is happening with the three eastern-most schools in the GLVC. Just a hunch.
    The GLVC has been moving west for years. I *hope* Bellarmine and Indy are looking at that and considering that the G-MAC may be a better fit for them geographically (not to mention ideologically, with it being all private schools) but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

I don't mean this negatively against AB or anyone else, but if the WV schools DID all move to the MEC or another more Eastern-facing conference, the geographic footprint of the G-MAC would look even more enticing to Bellarmine and Indy. I know D&E is already on the move. AB has been a strong basketball school and I'd hate to lose them as a conference member from that perspective, but purely from a geographical standpoint if they (and Ohio Valley, who wouldn't be a big loss, at least for basketball) did go to a different conference then that geographic shift would certainly benefit KWC, TNU, Hillsdale and prospective members that are on the western edge of the conference.

Leave a comment:

• MidwestHoops
    replied

It seems as there is some major conference shuffling on the horizon. GLVC keeps going west, which, I am guessing may mean something is happening with the three eastern-most schools in the GLVC. Just a hunch.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

Apparently Lindenwood will make a Thursday announcement that they will be joining the GLVC in 2019. AGAIN, I'm wondering why nobody seems to have to give notice and are able to jump conferences the next year.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X