Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro State coach wins and wins ... and gets fired

Boy, easy to get fired these days, even in D2 hoops. Metro State fires a highly successful coach. Here's his bio:

The A.D. said they need to return to being a national power. Uh, OK, outside of when they had Mike Dunlap, Metro State was not a national power. Well, this guy had them pretty competitive.

College athletics is very odd.

Re: Metro State coach wins and wins ... and gets fired

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    The A.D. said they need to return to being a national power. Uh, OK, outside of when they had Mike Dunlap, Metro State was not a national power. Well, this guy had them pretty competitive.

College athletics is very odd.
    173-50! There must be more to this than meets the eye. Why do you get rid of someone like that?

Comment

They were one of NW's toughest wins of the season(66-64 @ Metro St)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        They were one of NW's toughest wins of the season(66-64 @ Metro St)
        Someone should hire this guy, probably didn't schmooze enough with the A.D.

I wish D2 would quit trying to be like D1. I'm sure Pitino, Izzo, and others are lining up to take the Metro State job. I could do a quick scan of their attendance, probably not good. Kind of like when WOU's hoop coach bolted for Regis University of Denver. It's not pretty: Regis regularly has crowds of under 200 and 100. As bad as WOU is, they had a few 900+ games this year and last year had a few 1,000-plus.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Someone should hire this guy, probably didn't schmooze enough with the A.D.

I wish D2 would quit trying to be like D1. I'm sure Pitino, Izzo, and others are lining up to take the Metro State job. I could do a quick scan of their attendance, probably not good. Kind of like when WOU's hoop coach bolted for Regis University of Denver. It's not pretty: Regis regularly has crowds of under 200 and 100. As bad as WOU is, they had a few 900+ games this year and last year had a few 1,000-plus.
          Metro's average home attendance was 355...

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
            Metro's average home attendance was 355...
            Wow, brutal ... JV high school basketball numbers. Of course that won't cause any alarm and the A.D. won't be questioned about it by the media (which isn't covering the games) or his president of V.P., because they're clueless, too. Not sure what D2 A.D.'s do besides hire and fire. They never care about marketing or attendance, but gosh darn it, when the highly successful men's hoop coach doesn't win a national title, fire him! :curse:

Comment

I think that guy was suspended all season. Not sure why. But, I assume that is why he was fired.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X