Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Baptist

Been hearing lots of rumors that this have been recruiting hard and getting transfers. Gabe Taylor from Univ of Portland, Matt Hubbard from Santa Clara, Cory Lange from BYU-Hawaii, and Kyle Leiberman from Wyoming. Impressive but where are they getting all the scholarships? Who is leaving Cal Baptist?

Re: Cal Baptist

Originally posted by Ca_ball13 View Post
    Been hearing lots of rumors that this have been recruiting hard and getting transfers. Gabe Taylor from Univ of Portland, Matt Hubbard from Santa Clara, Cory Lange from BYU-Hawaii, and Kyle Leiberman from Wyoming. Impressive but where are they getting all the scholarships? Who is leaving Cal Baptist?
    Won't win with that many transfers ... I'm fully convinced of this. You can take a few, but mass transfers spells mass disruption, IMO. Saw it last year at WOU until they pulled it together late in the year. If CBU wants to transition to D-1, they'll take a couple transfers and build up their freshmen class, again, in my opinion.

Comment

Good luck with that. Remember, it's a four-year transition to D1, not three years. Anyone CBU recruits this year is going there knowing they will NEVER play a postseason game.

Comment

Has it been confirmed that they did actually get all those kids or is it all just rumor. understand the concerns on chemistry but a lot of coaches have done well with transfers just look at San Bernardino a few years ago when they hosted. I see most those kids are one year guys so won't be on there roster for the transition. Stump I wonder just how much the post season thing will affect their recruiting. Grand Canyon has done a very good job getting good talent even with the postseason stuff against them. Postseason is obviously really cool and what you ideally would play for but I wonder if it will impact them that much

Comment

Gabe and Cory will be seniors, they're great young men and I don't believe for a second that CBU "won't win" because of mass transfers. There's no disruption there. It's two guys that are very excited to be in Riverside.Two others are redshirting, Matt and Mikey Penn to help with the transition.They both know the deal re no post-season, and still want to be a part of it.There were a few kids from last year's roster who decided to move on, pretty typical I feel for any squad.I don't feel CBU is trying to load up, they're just trying to do it right and also prepare for the D1 transition.A few on this board may not want to hear it, but my son has thrived at CBU because of Coach Croy, his staff, his teammates, and the support he's received from his teachers and community.He loves it there, will finish up with a degree in Finance, play in a brand new arena, it's been awesome.I made 6 trips to Riverside, went to away games at Point Loma, UCSD for the two NCAA tourney games.I'm sure I'll go bankrupt again this year but I gotta go right!?I'm extremely thankful for CBU and what it's brought for our family.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X