Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why D2 hoops is better; D-1 scandal is huge

How huge? FBI investigating huge. There's not a bigger cesspool in collegiate athletics than D-1 basketball. I hope football doesn't go the route of travel teams/AAU/etc., though the 7-on-7 slimeballs are trying to get a hold of game and take it away from the high school coaches, like AAU has rid prep hoop coaches of any say in anything anymore.

Louisville could be involved in this one, but they'll get off the hook as they always have. Louisville and UNC long since should've had the death penalty for their incredible frauds. UNC's academic fraud case goes back to the early 90's and most of the people involved are men's basketball players. Yet UNC played for a national title two years ago and won one last year. Total dirtballs.

While I'm guessing D-2 ball isn't perfect and there are some shady characters out there, I'm glad for the most part it's a clean sport.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-investigation

Re: Why D2 hoops is better; D-1 scandal is huge

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    How huge? FBI investigating huge. There's not a bigger cesspool in collegiate athletics than D-1 basketball. I hope football doesn't go the route of travel teams/AAU/etc., though the 7-on-7 slimeballs are trying to get a hold of game and take it away from the high school coaches, like AAU has rid prep hoop coaches of any say in anything anymore.

Louisville could be involved in this one, but they'll get off the hook as they always have. Louisville and UNC long since should've had the death penalty for their incredible frauds. UNC's academic fraud case goes back to the early 90's and most of the people involved are men's basketball players. Yet UNC played for a national title two years ago and won one last year. Total dirtballs.
    UNC & Louisville should either get the death penalty or be required to play a full schedule with midgets. That might be more embarrassing when they show the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      UNC & Louisville should either get the death penalty or be required to play a full schedule with midgets. That might be more embarrassing when they show the scoreboard.
      Ha, epic! Totally agree. :laugh:

Comment

First off hopefully I don't get murdered on this basketball forum like I do on the others. If the FBI is involved in a probe. You can sure and bet ( no pun intended. ) :laugh: that this isn't the only program that they're going after. This is only the beginning I believe.

Comment

Too much money in anything and corruption is sure to follow. Sports, government, church. All the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
            First off hopefully I don't get murdered on this basketball forum like I do on the others. If the FBI is involved in a probe. You can sure and bet ( no pun intended. ) :laugh: that this isn't the only program that they're going after. This is only the beginning I believe.
            Yep, and if Pitino survives this (3rd or 4th major scandal at Louisville) they're way too forgiving. He's "shocked" at what's happened ... he's running out of assistants to toss under the buss. A.D. Jurich needs to be fired, too, he's awful, they had a football scandal last year involving stealing plays. Awful athletic program, won't get the death penalty because Penn State didn't and that was the worst ever.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Yep, and if Pitino survives this (3rd or 4th major scandal at Louisville) they're way too forgiving. He's "shocked" at what's happened ... he's running out of assistants to toss under the buss. A.D. Jurich needs to be fired, too, he's awful, they had a football scandal last year involving stealing plays. Awful athletic program, won't get the death penalty because Penn State didn't and that was the worst ever.
              Pitino is as good as out at Louisville. Placed on administrative leave because his contract requires they give him 10-days notice before firing him. Other schools known to be involved at this point: Arizona, Auburn, Miami (FL), Oklahoma State, USC. Much of this is stemming from a suspect in the UNC football scandal who turned state's evidence.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rds-corruption

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X