Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC week of 1/22/18

Tuesday:

CWU beats NNU to sweep NNU this season. The nighthawks don't want to go into a tiebreaker with CWU come conference tourney time at this point...

Thursday:

CU @ UAA

MSUB @ NNU

SPU @ SFU

SMU @ WWU

WOU @ UAF
    (welcome to the ice-box... while it's officially been a pretty wimpy winter, it is sorta cold by Monmouth standards here now)

Saturday:

SPU @ WWU

WOU @ UAA

MSUB @ CWU

SMU@ SFU

CU @ UAF

Re: GNAC week of 1/22/18

See if I can predict these correctly:

Thursday winners -- UAA, NNU, SPU, WWU, and WOU.

Saturday winners: WWU, WOU, CWU, SMU, UAF.

Comment

Sorry Tsull. You shot 3/5 on that one. Upset city in the GNAC!

UAA 62 over CU 57

NNU 86 over MSUB 76

WOU 81 over UAF 54 - Hard match up for the Nooks on this one...

SFU 81 over SPU 80 for the second straight year Simon Fraser gets SPU in Canada...

SMU 94 over WWU 82. Looks like SMU passed the ball terrifically and outrebounded the long Vikings for a huge road win. That's going to serve them well come tiebreaker time for GNAC tourney!

Comment

The WWU loss warms my heart as I'm hoping that WOU can play host to regionals this year ... which yeah, I know I'm jumping the gun on that one. Also, no doubt in my mind that WWU looks down its nose at St. Martin's, so it really makes me feel good.

Comment

Saturday scores:

UAF 63 over CU 62 - Nooks escape quite literally. Not a great game in most regards and man this reffing crew here Thursday and tonight were pretty dismal as well and I don't say that because the calls all went bad for UAF.

SMU 85 over SFU 63

CWU 77 over MSUB 73

WOU 72 over UAA 62 - UAA played WOU pretty well, all things considered. I found myself cheering hard for UAA in this one (:bulgy-eyes:). Tempers run pretty hot on the WOU crew and they appear to be pretty full of themselves. After watching them here in the Banks and the UAA game, I find it very difficult to cheer for them as the GNAC reps... Sorry Tsull. Omlid nearly got into a shoving match with Durham in Fairbanks and after the game Durham tried to set things right and Omlid just ignored him, then tonight in Anchorage there were 4 technicals (a miracle that coach Oz wasn't involved in any of them!) and honestly I think Rymer was just in the wrong place both times-both double technical calls largely existed because of WOU's reaction to some contact that was just part of the game. Lots of respect for coach Shaw and the talent & athleticism on the team, but the personalities are not favorable to picking up fans. Not to mention that F-Bey is averaging a technical a game up here too. It's still amazing to me that WOU can be so dominant in a game and throw up as many air balls as they did tonight-which I guess is a tribute to their defense.

SPU 92 over WWU 88 - Wow. I think we all knew it was within WWU's repertoire to lose 2 on their home floor in league play, but interesting that they made it so long, considering that they haven't been playing stellar for quite a while now.

Comment

Omlid is a pretty intense guy, all reports I've heard is super nice guy, good student, good citizen. He has gotten some technicals. I've only seen them live once vs SPU and they kept their cool. I would disagree in your thinking that they wouldn't be good representatives for the league. They play hard, for the most part aren't selfish. After the SPU game, many players came over to thank the WOU fans in attendance. All reports I've heard on the guys, Omlid, Trammel, J.J., Hawken, Ali, etc., really nice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Omlid is a pretty intense guy, all reports I've heard is super nice guy, good student, good citizen. He has gotten some technicals. I've only seen them live once vs SPU and they kept their cool. I would disagree in your thinking that they wouldn't be good representatives for the league. They play hard, for the most part aren't selfish. After the SPU game, many players came over to thank the WOU fans in attendance. All reports I've heard on the guys, Omlid, Trammel, J.J., Hawken, Ali, etc., really nice guys.
              I don't doubt the good citizenship stuff. After Thursday's game I decided not to say anything about it, but after watching the Anchorage game, it was hard to not say anything, although that is probably what I should've done. I didn't mean that they aren't good representatives of the GNAC, what I meant was that I'm not sure I'll pick them up as a fan when they (most likely) become our representatives in the region. I think it's fair to say they run a bit hot, but if they can be smart about the time and place for it, it likely means nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                I don't doubt the good citizenship stuff. After Thursday's game I decided not to say anything about it, but after watching the Anchorage game, it was hard to not say anything, although that is probably what I should've done. I didn't mean that they aren't good representatives of the GNAC, what I meant was that I'm not sure I'll pick them up as a fan when they (most likely) become our representatives in the region. I think it's fair to say they run a bit hot, but if they can be smart about the time and place for it, it likely means nothing...
                I've watched them on the internet this year and saw them in-person once, I haven't seen any trash talking or garbage. I get a little tired of the guards over-dribbling and shot selection, but that's different. I just haven't seen anything punk-like from them. That said, Omlid knows better not to get into it with any coach -- his or the opponent's coach, especially someone has respected in the profession as Mick Durham. He should apologize for that.

I just haven't seen anything punkish this year in my viewing and like I said, I've heard great things about the players and grad rates/citizenship is high.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X