Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA Green & Gold Game

I was at the scrimmage in Anchorage. It was more like a real game honestly. Damn intense with both sides getting after each other for 40 minutes. The usual suspects played a large role in the game like Wiggs, Mitchell, Hammell, Svejcar, etc. The new guard from California, Pomrehn, was on for much of the game and showed a quick release with accuracy.

Devine and Curtis Ryan are going to bring a TON of depth to the Seawolf frontcourt, just like I anticipated. Now they have 4 bona fide post players who all bring something unique to the equation.

This is a deep team with an experienced coaching staff and a vibe surrounding the team that makes you think they could have a special season. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out, because as we have seen, last year's pre-season GNAC favorite WWU had a disappointing year following pre-season hype.

I'll be shocked if this team doesn't win somewhere between 20-30 games simply based on depth and experience. The other thing that will shock me is if they are out rebounded more than 5 times all season (and that includes the 3 Great Alaska Shootout games).

Re: UAA Green & Gold Game

Originally posted by lv2hoop View Post
    I was at the scrimmage in Anchorage. It was more like a real game honestly. Damn intense with both sides getting after each other for 40 minutes. The usual suspects played a large role in the game like Wiggs, Mitchell, Hammell, Svejcar, etc. The new guard from California, Pomrehn, was on for much of the game and showed a quick release with accuracy.

Devine and Curtis Ryan are going to bring a TON of depth to the Seawolf frontcourt, just like I anticipated. Now they have 4 bona fide post players who all bring something unique to the equation.

This is a deep team with an experienced coaching staff and a vibe surrounding the team that makes you think they could have a special season. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out, because as we have seen, last year's pre-season GNAC favorite WWU had a disappointing year following pre-season hype.

I'll be shocked if this team doesn't win somewhere between 20-30 games simply based on depth and experience. The other thing that will shock me is if they are out rebounded more than 5 times all season (and that includes the 3 Great Alaska Shootout games).
    Awesome stuff, thanks for the report. Like I've said a bunch of times on this board, UAA is going to have a killer team this year, best in the GNAC and should be top 3 in the region.

Comment

Re: UAA Green & Gold Game

Saw the game also. Seemed as though Wiggs held back. Kind of nervous that Mitchell and Svejcar were both limping at some point in the game.
      Definitely have front court depth. Think Ryan is still a ways from being very much of an impact - always seems to take some time to develop a big man. Devine is definitely a rim protector - something we have not had for quite a while (Spikerman is about the only one that has been much of a rim protector in the last several years). He is a little slight of build which is a disadvantage when it comes to rebounding. But Hammell is going to be an even bigger stud on the boards than last year - only thing that will limit his numbers will be playing time as there is more depth on the frontline. Looks like he spent some serious time in the weight room in the off season. Same with Berg, who I noticed was playing the 5 some. We may well see both Berg and Hammell on the court at the same time.
      Pomrehn was 5 of 7 from 3, and looked pretty good. Fulp showed flashes. Simmers looked pretty good. Generally everyone on the roster looks like they could see some tick.
      Last edited by Rob_AK; 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X