• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC games week of Feb. 5th

Tuesday:

WWU beats SFU

Thursday:

WOU 95 over SPU 81 - Looks like SPU gave them a little run, cause coach Shaw didn't get near the minute distribution as usual. Hey, he even had to keep Tanner in the entire game, where he collected 32 points, 7 assists, 5 steals and all 5 of WOU's blocks while going 1/7 from three. Go figure.

SMU 71 over CU 58 - The chances are starting to run out for CU to get a win...

CWU 79 over UAF 76 - Very fun game to watch and it's been a while since it has been enjoyable to watch UAF, but they aren't quite there yet to close games... Actually they are quite a ways off in that department, but I was glad to see a good game and the team that deserved the W got it. I will dare say that if CWU could play much, much, more disciplined they could have a much better record. They have all the pieces, except for real disciplined play.

UAA 59 over NNU 48 - Hey, NNU knows what it feels like to go to the locker room with only 15 points at half. They can come up to Fairbanks and find some empathy-UAF has been right there too. Little Osborne got the start too...

WWU 91 over MSUB 65.

Saturday:

SMU @ WOU - Lets go Saints~you got another chance to take down a big dog on the road!

NNU @ UAF - With NNU, UAF, and UAA all tied for 6th place this one matters.

MSUB @ SFU

CWU @ UAA - Since my boys play in the afternoon, I'd say this one is liable to be entertaining and it's senior night for UAA. Doubt if UAA will pull in as many as CWU does at home for this game, plus the AAC in Anchorage is too big for these boys this year. With 800 in there, it still feels relatively empty.

SPU @ CU

Re: GNAC games week of Feb. 5th

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Tuesday:

WWU beats SFU

Thursday:

WOU 95 over SPU 81 - Looks like SPU gave them a little run, cause coach Shaw didn't get near the minute distribution as usual. Hey, he even had to keep Tanner in the entire game, where he collected 32 points, 7 assists, 5 steals and all 5 of WOU's blocks while going 1/7 from three. Go figure.

CWU 79 over UAF 76 - Very fun game to watch and it's been a while since it has been enjoyable to watch UAF, but they aren't quite there yet to close games... Actually they are quite a ways off in that department, but I was glad to see a good game and the team that deserved the W got it. I will dare say that if CWU could play much, much, more disciplined they could have a much better record. They have all the pieces, except for real disciplined play.

UAA 59 over NNU 48 - Hey, NNU knows what it feels like to go to the locker room with only 15 points at half. They can come up to Fairbanks and find some empathy-UAF has been right there too. Little Osborne got the start too...

WWU 91 over MSUB 65.

Saturday:

SMU @ WOU - Lets go Saints~you got another chance to take down a big dog on the road!

NNU @ UAF - With NNU, UAF, and UAA all tied for 6th place this one matters.

MSUB @ SFU

CWU @ UAA - Since my boys play in the afternoon, I'd say this one is liable to be entertaining and it's senior night for UAA. Doubt if UAA will pull in as many as CWU does at home for this game, plus the AAC in Anchorage is too big for these boys this year. With 800 in there, it still feels relatively empty.

SPU @ CU
    SPU doesn't have a guy who can guard Omlid, he had 34 vs. them in a game last year, 32 this year; and the game I saw if he would've got the ball more, he would've had 30 instead of 22. Great stat line last night for him. F-Bey comes up big, too. Feel bad for SPU, however, as Miller and Simpson are still out.

NNU maddens me, following up a great effort vs. WWU in a close loss to a complete melt-down (if one can melt in Alaska :laugh:) vs. UAA. However, I'll give UAA some big credit on the defensive end, holding the Nighthawks to 16% shooting from the 3-point line, 31 percent from the field. Just too inconsistent to be a threat. Guy in town told me they will make a threat to win the league; no they won't. They're also last in the conference in defense, that doesn't get it done. Frustrating program because they do have talent.
    Last edited by tsull; 02-09-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Re: GNAC games week of Feb. 5th

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Tuesday:

WWU beats SFU

Thursday:

WWU 91 over MSUB 65.

Saturday:

SMU 73 @ WOU 86 - Darn. Was rooting for the Saints... but the only time I tuned in they were down 22.

NNU 53 @ UAF 67 - And NNU completes the tough Alaska roadtrip not how they wanted. They had a tough night shooting, and I'm almost gonna say the UAF defense looked pretty good, although they still seem to be roiling with turmoil. Total lineup change tonight for them and overall, I liked it. Three Alaska kids in the starting line-up, one a home towner!!

MSUB 77 @ SFU 75

CWU 54 @ UAA 70 - This game was supposed to be entertaining, but every time I tuned in the Wildcats were doing primo at undisciplined ball--I saw Ladd getting the flagarant foul on replay, tripping a Seapup (this is soooooo karma Ladd-take note of your injuries)... I'm already anxious for the last home game here in Fairbanks with the Seapups in town.

SPU 80 @ CU 70
      Okay. I fear someone may need to update me on where the heck to find the GNAC tiebreaker scenarios again. I don't even like to look at the lock in 6th right now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X