Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU wins defensive battle.

Exciting, but not pretty game in Nampa. Fun to watch Omlid and Jones guard each other, two of the league's best, forcing each guy to work extremely hard for their points. Both guys hugged after the game and had a nice talk, mutual respect. Best defense I've seen Northwest Nazarene play ever in that gym. For once they weren't trying to trade baskets with the other team. If coach Rush can get them to play defense like that, that gives them a different dimension next year. Omlid, Chirnside carried Wolves. Some stupid mistakes by good WOU seniors, turnover to start half; guard dribbling ball off foot late in game. Exciting down the stretch.
    * Disappointing crowd for top 5 team coming to town. No pregame buzz, no marketing by NNU.

Re: WOU wins defensive battle.

I followed on live stats the end of game. Seemed like northwest just blew to many free throws. How were the refs? Seemed like a disparity in free throws

Comment

Re: WOU wins defensive battle.

Originally posted by BillyBronco View Post
      I followed on live stats the end of game. Seemed like northwest just blew to many free throws. How were the refs? Seemed like a disparity in free throws
      Refs were solid, they let it get a little too rough at times, WOU took a lot of charges, some questionable, some not. Both teams struggled to put the ball in the hole. Typically D2 has better shooters than D-1 as D-1 guys want to take guys to the rim and dunk. D2 has a lot of great shooters and last night both teams weren't great offensively, not horrible, but not great either. The effort from both teams defensively, however, was A+.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X