Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2018 Unofficial Official Conference Tournament Thread

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    The WOU SPU game is feeling largely like the Omlid show at this point. 26 - 16 midway thru first half.
    Omlid has had his best games vs. SPU, including 34 last year.

So happy for St. Martin's and admire what the coach has done there. They were nothing for years until he came along. I'm not sure and of course we need to see what shakes down in the CCAA and PacWest, but I think SMU just played themselves into the regional tourney. I hope so.

Comment

St Martin's is in. Ucsd is gonna win against Chico st. Got to think ucsd is in the tourney. Chico st better pray Apu loses tonight or it's gonna be a long 48 hrs for them.

Comment

WOU up by 20 at the half. Saints really need to be icing and resting hard--WOU is as deep as they are with as good of a coach and more talent-they will need everything and some luck to stay within striking distance tomorrow. Oooops. this game is not over yet, is it?

Would agree that with the Pt. Loma loss last night and their win today, the Saints are looking pretty solid to get in.

Comment

Excellent game going on in Anchorage with the Saints doing a pretty good job of dictating tempo and playing great defense against the Wolves to stay right in striking distance. Very impressed with them peaking at the right time. Gotta wonder if fatigue will kick in during the second half.

Hawken & Chirnside the consistent forces for the Wolves and the Saints seem to be doing their thing-the well rounded team-can't think of one stand-out, but they are playing well together... I really like the announcers on this one, and I don't say that often. Great PR for Anchorage too, showing stuff about the Iditarod during time-outs. They haven't mentioned the Tour of Anchorage yet though-a great nordic ski race that happened today in Anchorage too.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
            And here are the women's brackets. Same sites apply

CCAA

Tuesday, February 27
            #8 Sonoma State 52 at #1 UC San Diego 69
            #7 CSU-Dominguez Hills 67 at #2 Cal Poly Pomona 80
            #6 CSU-East Bay 53 at #3 Humboldt State 54
            #5 CSU-Los Angeles 62 at #4 Chico State 78

Friday, March 2
            #1 UC San Diego 67 vs. #4 Chico State 48
            #2 Cal Poly Pomona 53 vs #3 Humboldt State 69

Championship
            #3 Humboldt State 76 vs. #1 UC San Diego 75

GNAC

Thursday, March 1
            #5 Central Washington 73 vs. #4 MSU-Billings 75
            #6 Simon Fraser 59 vs. #3 Seattle Pacific 85

Friday, March 2
            #4 Montana-State Billings 76 vs. #1 Northwest Nazarene 69
            #3 Seattle Pacific 74 vs. #2 Alaska-Anchorage 65

Championship
            #4 Montana State-Billings vs. #3 Seattle Pacific

PacWest

Thursday, March 1
            #6 Dominican 79 vs. #3 Cal Baptist 72
            #5 Point Loma 63 vs. #4 Concordia 60

Friday, March 2
            #6 Dominican 67 vs. #2 Hawai'i Pacific 71
            #5 Point Loma 76
            vs. #1 Azusa Pacific 68

Championship
            #5 Point Loma 71 vs. #2 Hawai'i Pacific 77
            Women's side looking more interesting by the minute in terms of regional spots. Humboldt just bumped somebody! Wonder if MSUB loses they will get bumped or if it will be CPP. I'm wondering like you were last night Stump, wo the heck is going to host at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
              Women's side looking more interesting by the minute in terms of regional spots. Humboldt just bumped somebody! Wonder if MSUB loses they will get bumped or if it will be CPP. I'm wondering like you were last night Stump, wo the heck is going to host at this point...
              Not an issue. I'm pretty sure MSU had already done enough even before tonight. As for hosting, the top 3 were one and done, and UCSD blew an 8-point lead with 2:20 to play tonight. Was HPU close enough to leap up from 4th? Obviously, I (and my bank account) hope it's no harm, no foul and APU stays at the top, but who knows?

On the men's side, I'm lobbying for Dixie to move up to 2. They won the PacWest regular season title outright, and came back from 17 down to beat CBU today on their home floor. That has to count for something.
              Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 03-04-2018, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X