Comment

Re: West region games and times

Originally posted by BillyBronco View Post
      1. Western Oregon vs 8 PT loma 730 pm
      2. Dixie St. Vs 7 Azusa Pacific. 230 pm
      3. Cal Baptist vs 6. UCSD noon
      4. Cal Poly Pomona vs st Martin's 5pm

Be back later in the week with predictions
      I'm driving over on Friday, hoping to get there in time for the CPP/SMU contest. Should be a great tourney.

Comment

One of the best games will be WOU vs. Point Loma on Friday night. The two teams met early in the season in Monmouth, WOU prevailing by only 1 point.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          I'm driving over on Friday, hoping to get there in time for the CPP/SMU contest. Should be a great tourney.
          You are going to have fun! Drive safe and drop a report when you can!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
            You are going to have fun! Drive safe and drop a report when you can!
            Sounds good, I'll see if I can fire off some reports. Probably catch more games on Saturday than Friday as I'll be doing a lot of driving the first day.

My early take is despite the nice WOU depth, Omlid simply cannot have one of his low-scoring games, no matter how much he fills up the stat sheet. His middling first half vs. St. Martin's was scary. Great player. when he's risen up in the scoring department -- see every time they've played SPU -- they've won big. Omlid needs to be close to 20 on Friday to avoid an upset. He's a tough matchup, he's the player of the year in the league, he needs to play like that more than steals and rebounds, IMO. He needs to take guys to the rim time and time again and net 20 points -- period.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Sounds good, I'll see if I can fire off some reports. Probably catch more games on Saturday than Friday as I'll be doing a lot of driving the first day.

My early take is despite the nice WOU depth, Omlid simply cannot have one of his low-scoring games, no matter how much he fills up the stat sheet. His middling first half vs. St. Martin's was scary. Great player. when he's risen up in the scoring department -- see every time they've played SPU -- they've won big. Omlid needs to be close to 20 on Friday to avoid an upset. He's a tough matchup, he's the player of the year in the league, he needs to play like that more than steals and rebounds, IMO. He needs to take guys to the rim time and time again and net 20 points -- period.
              I would agree. The margin for error and "off" nights for the whole team is going to go way down. Plus, Point Loma is a team that is coached by someone who is equally as talented as Shaw about making adjustments and really getting down to a fine level of detail in how they will play and adjust. Beverly, formerly of MSUB may well be guarding Omlid and he's a pretty long, pretty good shot blocker himself. The other thing about Omlid is he can get in foul trouble because of his aggressiveness on defense and it seems like the deeper you get into the post-season, the better the refs are and I've thought they tend to call stuff a little tighter than some regular season games, so he might want to open the game up carefully, not picking up a quick one in the first minutes...

That said, the Wolves are on their home floor and if they come sharper than they were last Saturday, they will be hard for anyone to get, but not impossible!

Comment

Here's the link for video streaming and live stats of the games as well as easy links to all teams schedules, rosters, and season stats... Nice put-together WOU!

http://wouwolves.com/sports/2018/3/5...st-region.aspx

Comment

And for those interested in the women's tournament, here's all the relevant links from Azusa Pacific.

http://athletics.apu.edu/news/2018/3...l-central.aspx

Comment

Great games today. Looks like if you were seeded 5, 3, 7 things ended well and if you were on the men's side, the 1 seed worked out too, but on the women's side the 8 seed got the 1 seed. Seems like it's a hex to host regionals on the women's side for the last several years now...

On the men's side it's the Pac West vs the Pac West and the GNAC vs the GNAC... It appears that the question of the weaker conference has been answered. If the Pac West shouldn't have had 4 teams in there, then the GNAC maybe ought to have had 3. I swear the CCAA sets up their tourney so they can have an upset winner every year just to increase their teams at regionals... (Just kidding, but seriously, it's fairly regular!).

I won't be around to watch the games the next few days, but I'll be back to follow whomever gets through to the midwest & elite 8... Let's go GNAC!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X