Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-Billings coach resigns

Well, a lot of movement in the GNAC today ...

https://hoopdirt.com/jamie-stevens-r...ketball-coach/

Re: MSU-Billings coach resigns

Will miss coach Stevens. He was fun to watch coach... I sure hope Durham doesn't get any ideas about moving back to Montana and applying for this job!!!! I know retirement is near for Durham-not sure if it's real soon or if he's got another season in him. State of Alaska and the University are still struggling mightily, so I sure would love to see him stick it out for another season. It's not a great time to be trying to lure someone north... It's a hard place to attract talent to, whether players or coaches and the budget for hiring a new coach cannot possibly be lucrative at all. With our women's program going 0 - 20 in league play with brand new coaching staff, the department could really use his experience another year. Totally holding my breath on this one this spring and that he can keep the guys together through the offseason here...

Comment

Re: MSU-Billings coach resigns

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Will miss coach Stevens. He was fun to watch coach... I sure hope Durham doesn't get any ideas about moving back to Montana and applying for this job!!!! I know retirement is near for Durham-not sure if it's real soon or if he's got another season in him. State of Alaska and the University are still struggling mightily, so I sure would love to see him stick it out for another season. It's not a great time to be trying to lure someone north... It's a hard place to attract talent to, whether players or coaches and the budget for hiring a new coach cannot possibly be lucrative at all. With our women's program going 0 - 20 in league play with brand new coaching staff, the department could really use his experience another year. Totally holding my breath on this one this spring and that he can keep the guys together through the offseason here...
      Mick Durham is a great coach. Check Montana State's historical records with Mick, and the guys who followed him -- I believe they're on coach 2 or 3 since they fired him. He did well there, it's freaking Bozeman not Los Angeles. MSU-B is in a weird fit with the GNAC, glad they're in the conference but wondering if they would be a better fit in a close league. RMAC is full and I think the Dakotas are mostly NAIA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X