Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA over WOU

Re: UAA over WOU

Good report, thanks. I thought this would be a tough game for WOU. I think WOU was 17% on 3's.

Comment

Re: UAA over WOU

This was a much needed win and confidence booster for UAA. I don't think many were expecting them to win last night and even if the winners of the game shot 32% from the field and 20% from three, it doesn't matter how you get it done, if you're the winner, you're the winner (just like UAF's win over UAA a month ago which was just cancelled last night as the Nooks let it all slip away in the 2nd half). And yeah, these things happen for teams like WOU, especially with as much turnover and roster changes that they have every year. I'll be eager to see them in Fairbanks tomorrow and am expecting a very athletic team as is usually the case for Shaw's teams.

I agree with you in that having Lampkin back would be like an ace in the hole (is that the expression I'm looking for?)... I wonder why if he's back, he didn't play, but I suppose there are a thousand reasons why, but if he was on the roster, you must be right. These wins like this one (without Lampkin) are why I disagreed with you that UAF might have the better team this year based solely on the UAF/UAA game as well as their results against MSUB. Rusty almost always finds a way to eek out wins and if he's got a Lampkin coming in who has anywhere close to the ability that he did last year, which is doubtful because coming back from a big injury is usually tricky, but even if he's at 3/4 he'll make a big difference for them.

Frustrating game in Fairbanks where UAF was in control to end the first half and then they just lost their confidence on offense and couldn't ever figure out what to do with the ball in the 2nd half. The stats say UAF shoulda won, but seeing the discombobulation on the floor, it was pretty obvious they were going to be relying on a huge shot at the end which got them into OT, but Concordia definitely played harder down the stretch and understood how they were going to get it done. I was impressed with their big number 40, who really kept Kluting in check. I was bummed to see Lendway on crutches at the game and probably in the same situation as Lampkin last year-out for the season, making an already tiny UAF team even smaller with Kluting being the only player of any size on the team and before he even picks up his first foul in games, he's already in foul trouble... They are going to really need him to learn how to stay out of foul trouble and they really need a point guard to take control of the offense too. We'll see if they can keep it close with WOU.

Many more interesting matchups for Saturday. Happy New Year, ya'll!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X