Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concordia beats WOU

Wow, upset city, Concordia (I believe for the 2nd time in 3 years) beat WOU in Portland. Like the SFU win over St. Martin's didn't see it coming.

That said, what a bad effort by WOU. I know they're college kids, but that's a weak effort. I've watched this team live and online and they have some parts, but compared to the 30-win clubs in the last four years, they'd get dusted by 25 by those teams. There's no heart or soul to this club. They don't have a guy like Omlid who can inspire people to play harder and better, and oddly, this year's club has a casual approach to defense, which is usually Shaw's trademark. Last year's team had all transfers in the starting five, but they made it work. The transfers on this year's team are often in it for themselves, unfortunately. I can see when guys aren't getting their shots, they get frustrated, some some grumpy faces on the bench at NNU a couple weeks ago.

Solid team, but not of regional quality, IMO. Not trying to diminish Concordia's efforts, nice win for them.

Re: Concordia beats WOU

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Wow, upset city, Concordia (I believe for the 2nd time in 3 years) beat WOU in Portland. Like the SFU win over St. Martin's didn't see it coming.

That said, what a bad effort by WOU. I know they're college kids, but that's a weak effort. I've watched this team live and online and they have some parts, but compared to the 30-win clubs in the last four years, they'd get dusted by 25 by those teams. There's no heart or soul to this club. They don't have a guy like Omlid who can inspire people to play harder and better, and oddly, this year's club has a casual approach to defense, which is usually Shaw's trademark. Last year's team had all transfers in the starting five, but they made it work. The transfers on this year's team are often in it for themselves, unfortunately. I can see when guys aren't getting their shots, they get frustrated, some some grumpy faces on the bench at NNU a couple weeks ago.

Solid team, but not of regional quality, IMO. Not trying to diminish Concordia's efforts, nice win for them.
    Yeah, I didn't see that coming either, but Concordia really never gives up~they seem to have that imbedded in their culture. Good for them! I don't know about the Wolves... They seem so athletic as per normal with Shaw's teams, but they never seem to have an off night when they play the Nooks! Although ultimately it doesn't do our conference good to have all the top dogs losing to the basement dwellers, it sure makes things exciting! Let's go Nooks, Cavaliers, and Clan!

Comment

Re: Concordia beats WOU

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Yeah, I didn't see that coming either, but Concordia really never gives up~they seem to have that imbedded in their culture. Good for them! I don't know about the Wolves... They seem so athletic as per normal with Shaw's teams, but they never seem to have an off night when they play the Nooks! Although ultimately it doesn't do our conference good to have all the top dogs losing to the basement dwellers, it sure makes things exciting! Let's go Nooks, Cavaliers, and Clan!
      I do like that the conference isn't SPU, WWU and the 7 dwarves and that the rest of the league is very competitive.

My take on the WOU team is maybe every other year they're great, they had a dip after Avgi graduated, but still got to the GNAC title game, losing by 2. That said, Avgi and Omlid (IMO) are easily the two best players in school history and they might not find guys that good again. Both talented, yes, but it goes beyond that. They had the abilities to lift a team to victory when it didn't look like it and last year's team -- especially Omlid, Morgan, and F-Bey -- were lock down defenders, which Shaw wants. Some talent on this team, not seeing the cohesiveness right now, maybe I'm off on that ... giving up 48 points in one half is weak, IMO.

That said, I applaud Concordia, always liked coach Barberick, good guy, and that was a good win for them. The league has some great coaches right now.

* I still think at the end of the season, St. Martin's and NNU are the GNAC's regional reps.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X