Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NABC national poll ... West Region represented well

The NABC poll came out yesterday, West Region is tough this year. Here's how they are ranked:

Cal Baptist -- 5th
    UCSD -- 11th
    SF State -- 16th
    Hawaii Pacific -- 19
    WWU -- 20th
    Chico -- 23rd

Sonoma received one vote ... I was surprised Dixie (only one league loss; 4 losses total) didn't receive votes.

Re: NABC national poll ... West Region represented well

#11 UCSD @ #16 SF State tomorrow night at 7:30! Should be a good one. Too bad SF charges for their live stream... live stats it is!

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
      #11 UCSD @ #16 SF State tomorrow night at 7:30! Should be a good one. Too bad SF charges for their live stream... live stats it is!
      Just curious CCAA_Fanantic, but do you get to go to some games in California? For a fanatic you seem to be stuck weighing the stream fee vs the pain of staring at live stats a lot. Seems like a lot of those CCAA teams ought to be nearby for you to watch, but maybe we shouldn't assume that you live in California? You also give us the lowdown on the whole CCAA, but who's your team? I don't think I've ever noticed which one of those teams is your horse...
      P.S. Pay the fee tomorrow. If it's a good one it'll be so much more fun to watch it. I pay way more than I let on, cause I'm a sucker for a good game any night.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
        Just curious CCAA_Fanantic, but do you get to go to some games in California? For a fanatic you seem to be stuck weighing the stream fee vs the pain of staring at live stats a lot. Seems like a lot of those CCAA teams ought to be nearby for you to watch, but maybe we shouldn't assume that you live in California? You also give us the lowdown on the whole CCAA, but who's your team? I don't think I've ever noticed which one of those teams is your horse...
        P.S. Pay the fee tomorrow. If it's a good one it'll be so much more fun to watch it. I pay way more than I let on, cause I'm a sucker for a good game any night.
        A while back, I used to work in a CCAA athletic department. I've since had a falling out with that school, so I can't say that I they are my team. But I still know a lot of coaches and administrators in the league, so I have great interest in how things play out without necessarily rooting for a certain winner. Maybe "fanatic" is the wrong word? I am fanatical about the quality of CCAA basketball, though. It is athletic, has great coaches, everyone (minus Humboldt) defends really hard. This year is no exception!

I do occasionally catch a game in person, but my work occupies me in the evenings a lot of the time. I pay to stream sometimes, but not SF State. I paid for one a couple years back and they didn't have announcers or display the time and score. Just a camera (that often forgot to turn) and shoe squeaks. Maybe they have improved like their team has... one can hope!

Comment

Got it. I just stumbled onto the Chico game and had forgotten that they don't charge to watch. I can only imagine the outrage here if some of the GNAC schools started to charge! Yikes!!! Good announcer and feed on the Chico game for sure! I watched Cal State LA a few times up here in Alaska earlier this year, so it's interesting to see them playing again too. They just reviewed the scores so far tonight and did I hear a game that was 30 or 40 something to 20 or 30 something as a final score... What? Only in the CCAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X