Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big CCAA doubleheader tonight

While I am an APU grad and fervent supporter of the Cougars, I also moonlight as a public address announcer over at Cal Poly Pomona, and they've got a big pair of games this evening as the Broncos host UC San Diego, who leads the conference on both the men's and women's sides. The action starts at 5:30pm https://broncoathletics.com/watch/?Live=48&type=Live

Re: Big CCAA doubleheader tonight

Huge game tonight. Coach Kamansky has his hands full. Go Broncos!

Comment

Do tell what went down. It's more fun to get the story here than looking it up with no context.

Comment

Well, on the women's side, there is no doubt that the road to winning the region goes through UCSD. The Tritons actually shot better from 3-point range than they did from the free throw line tonight, making 15 triples en route to blowing out the Broncos, 101-72. Sydney Sharp hit 8 out of 12 from deep to lead the way with 26 points. My only complaint was that UCSD still had their starters out there shooting 3s midway through the 4th when they were up by 30.

The men's game was a tale of two halves as the Broncos built a big lead, then went ice cold in the 2nd and nearly blew the game. UCSD went on a 24-3 run that turned a 20-point deficit into a 60-59 lead, holding the Broncos without a field goal for 14 minutes in the process. But William Christmas (24 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists) hit a 3 with two minutes remaining to put Cal Poly back in front for good as the Broncos hold on, 67-62. Cal Poly is only 13-5 on the year, but 3-0 against the two teams ahead of them in the CCAA standings (UCSD, CSU-East Bay).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X