Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday action

CCAA
    The CPP broncos continue to be the hottest team in the region, easily defeating Chico st 63-44 in a hostile environment. CPP started the game once again on a 21-5 run and never looked back. Chico st only got it down to single digits once and were down as many as 23 in the second half. CPP now has three home games to close out the season and hopefully win it's second straight CCAA title.

In other action, in the shocker of the night, Cal State LA defeated UCSD easily by double digits in San Diego, leading as much as 22 in the second half. The wheels have completely fallen off for UCSD and they have two weeks to figure it out. Cal State east bay defeated a pesky Sonoma st 63-62, coming back from 11 down in the second half. East Bay now controls it's own destiny to win the CCAA title.

PAC West

PT loma won a back and forth game with Chaminade to win 97-92 in OT. The last 12 seconds of regulation was amazing as loma lead by 4, but for some reason intentionally fouled Chaminade's guard who made two FTS, then got the ball back and made a lay up to send to OT.

APU and Concordia seem to win easily.

GNAC
    ST Martin's and Northwest Nazerene won pretty easily it seems. St Martin's will be number 1 next week. Western Oregon suffered a tough loss to ST Martin's and may be on the outside looking in come rankings next week. tsull I'm sure will speak to this game. Sea Pacific won, which means they could sneak in at the top 8 come Wednesday.

Re: Saturday action

Originally posted by Billybronco01 View Post
    CCAA
    The CPP broncos continue to be the hottest team in the region, easily defeating Chico st 63-44 in a hostile environment. CPP started the game once again on a 21-5 run and never looked back. Chico st only got it down to single digits once and were down as many as 23 in the second half. CPP now has three home games to close out the season and hopefully win it's second straight CCAA title.

In other action, in the shocker of the night, Cal State LA defeated UCSD easily by double digits in San Diego, leading as much as 22 in the second half. The wheels have completely fallen off for UCSD and they have two weeks to figure it out. Cal State east bay defeated a pesky Sonoma st 63-62, coming back from 11 down in the second half. East Bay now controls it's own destiny to win the CCAA title.

PAC West

PT loma won a back and forth game with Chaminade to win 97-92 in OT. The last 12 seconds of regulation was amazing as loma lead by 4, but for some reason intentionally fouled Chaminade's guard who made two FTS, then got the ball back and made a lay up to send to OT.

APU and Concordia seem to win easily.

GNAC
    ST Martin's and Northwest Nazerene won pretty easily it seems. St Martin's will be number 1 next week. Western Oregon suffered a tough loss to ST Martin's and may be on the outside looking in come rankings next week. tsull I'm sure will speak to this game. Sea Pacific won, which means they could sneak in at the top 8 come Wednesday.
    Wow, that Point Loma game sounded wild. Chaminade sounds like the real deal this year. CPP Broncos sound awesome this year, some of the other CCAA scores are intriguing, like UCSD getting blown out by CS-L.A., don't see that often.

I think the GNAC is settled with St. Martin's and NNU, things could change, of course. I'm greatly anticipating the SMU-NNU game here on Feb. 28th. WOU is solid this year, talented, but they don't have that extra spark that Omlid and Avgi brought the last 5 or more years, two unique guys (west region players of the year), who did many things besides score. Not sure they'll have players like that in the future, it would be nice. SMU shot 46 from 3-point land, WOU just doesn't have a defensive presence, and let's give SMU credit, they're very good.
    Last edited by tsull; 02-17-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds like CPP is closing strong here. The GNAC has a lot of great games these last 2 weeks with the top 4 teams playing against many of the other top 4 and the 4-8 teams playing each other a lot these next weeks too, so there could be a lot of scrapping for spots and hard fought games. In the preseason I put WOU over SPU, but am happy to see the mostly same crew at SPU pulling it together these last few weeks. I like to see teams that bring back the same guys do well (SMU & SPU this year). WOU seems to have a lot of turnover and are always very talented and athletic under Shaw, but they haven't had the team chemistry since Avgi's last year IMO. Wish I Had a team in the fight this year, but am happy to watch good ball and the Nooks will largely finish at home the next weeks, so will get to see some of the other teams I haven't seen in person this year up here and maybe the Nooks can pull out one more win and try to close on a brighter note.

Comment

huge game Tuesday, the day before rankings come out with st Martin's going to sea PAC. Anybody watching that game?

Comment

Originally posted by Billybronco01 View Post
          huge game Tuesday, the day before rankings come out with st Martin's going to sea PAC. Anybody watching that game?
          I will try to watch at least the 2nd half online. As always in the GNAC, video streams are free of charge. SPU streams their games on YouTube, if you click on "watch" at this link when the game starts. Their YouTube stream accommodates slower internet. The Stretch Internent Portal that the GNAC site links you to is often troublesome for me as I don't have access to the fastest internet available so am glad to see several schools offering the stream through YouTube (Simon Fraser, Seattle Pacific, and while UAF doesn't, their camera is so bad, that you can watch with almost any internet speed :laugh:).

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X