Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Action

let's make this thread for tonight's big games.

CCAA
    #6 UCSD vs SFST... tough place to play, expect a close game

Monterey Bay vs #8 East Bay... should be a gimme for East Bay.

PAC West
    #7 chaminade vs #10 Concordia.. game of the day. the season is on the line for Concordia as PT Loma is their next game.

Fresno Pacific vs #2 PT Loma
    Will Loma get 100?

GNAC

MSB at #1 St. Martin's.. no home cooking for MSB tonight.

#4Northwest Nazerene at Concordia.. can't see Concordia pulling the upset

#9 Western Oregon vs CWU... can't see an upset either.

Good luck to all!

Re: Saturday Action

On the PacWest front, no, Point Loma did not get 100, though they did score 91 in the win. Dominican upset Holy Names to temporarily prevent the Hawks from clinching their first ever trip to the PacWest tournament. Biola beat Hawaii Pacific, and Chaminade and Concordia are going to overtime tied at 76 right now.
    Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 02-23-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Concordia gets the win in OT, 91-83. Next Saturday's Concordia-Point Loma game will be for the regular-season title (Point Loma is one game up, but Concordia won the first meeting).

Comment

UCSD won easily, and East Bay once again barely escapes, this time against 2-23 Monterey Bay.

St Martin's rebounded after a slow first half, Western Oregon cruised, and Northwest Nazerene barely escapes against a brutal Concordia Oregon team by 1 in OT. Seems like the GNAC teams are jeckle and hyde at home and on the road.

Next week setting up to be very important. I'll be back later with projected rankings.

Comment

Yeah, interesting set of scores and results last night. While I do think the GNAC is by far and away, the hardest league in the region for travel and being on the road, just because of the sheer distances and travel time teams undergo, it's not going to win teams more consideration from a committee when picking at large bids to dance. Not sure what to think of the NNU/CU game, because I didn't watch it and it doesn't look like NNU got way down again in the first half. CU, while not having a great record, has taken a lot of teams to the wire though and it was senior night, so... NNU got it done, but their recent numbers are eyebrow raising. They'll finish at home, which is comforting, but they'll be hosting Saint Martin's and Seattle Pacific, so I think for all 3 of those teams, their regional rankings may be affected by what goes down in Nampa, Idaho this week.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
            Yeah, interesting set of scores and results last night. While I do think the GNAC is by far and away, the hardest league in the region for travel and being on the road, just because of the sheer distances and travel time teams undergo, it's not going to win teams more consideration from a committee when picking at large bids to dance. Not sure what to think of the NNU/CU game, because I didn't watch it and it doesn't look like NNU got way down again in the first half. CU, while not having a great record, has taken a lot of teams to the wire though and it was senior night, so... NNU got it done, but their recent numbers are eyebrow raising. They'll finish at home, which is comforting, but they'll be hosting Saint Martin's and Seattle Pacific, so I think for all 3 of those teams, their regional rankings may be affected by what goes down in Nampa, Idaho this week.
            I'm going to both games this week in Nampa, should be epic. NNU really feeds off their crowd. Time and time again I see them rain down 3's in succession on squads and the opponents don't know what hit them. On the road, NNU is a much different team, slow starts, struggle with lower-ranked opponents, don't shoot well, etc. At home, it's a different story.

* I've hammered NNU on their attendance, but this year they're drawing 900+ a game, a very good D2 mark, so I'll applaud them for that. Wonder what they could draw if they promoted their program?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X