Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regional Rankings

1.St Martin's 2.:Pt Loma 3. Sea PAC 4. CPP 5. Chaminade 6. UCSD 7. Northwest Nazerene 8. East Bay 9. Concordia 10. western Oregon

Hard to understand how Chaminade moves up two spots. I'll reserve my judgement on sea PAC until after this weekend.

Re: regional Rankings

While I'm not too knowledgeable about what CPP played in non-conference, I think SPU is getting the benefit of the doubt because they regularly schedule very tough non-conference games and by virtue of being in the GNAC, have, what appears to be a tougher league schedule as well, having to play 3 of the top 8 teams in the regional rankings twice. They seem to be peaking at the right moment too, but I don't think we'll truly know how the different conferences match up till we get there, because pre-season was so long ago and teams really develop and change over the season.

Comment

Re: regional Rankings

I agree. non conference games in November should not weigh as much, given the fact some players are ineligible and have not jelled into a unit yet. If the committee wants to weigh these non conference games so much, pick one week in February and play a GNAC/CCAA/PAC West challenge. This year the fires hurt CPP non conference as they had Sea Pac and Azusa Pacific scheduled. CPP has a limited budget and already plays less games than most.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X