Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the season ended today...1/28

Biggest game of the day was probably in the CCAA, where Chico State rallied for a 69-64 win over UCSD to gain a split of the season series and a one-game lead atop the conference. I and my fellow Cougars endured a double-OT death march in the women's game at APU (99 free throws and 9 players fouling out between the two teams!) And I spent about ten minutes reviewing the CCAA tie-breaker rules to figure out who wins the current three-way battle for the last spot in the conference tourney. Here's where they stand with four weeks left in the regular season:

================================================== =======
    CCAA (first round at higher seed, semis and final at CSU-San Marcos)

#8 Humboldt State (10-10) at
    #1 Chico State (18-3)

#5 CSU-Dominguez Hills (10-8) at
    #4 Sonoma State (13-5)

#6 CSU-Los Angeles (10-11) at
    #3 San Francisco State (16-3)

#7 CSU-San Bernardino (9-8) at
    #2 UC San Diego (15-5)

Notes: SF State wins tiebreaker by sweep of Sonoma, Humboldt wins tiebreaker with Pomona and East Bay by better h2h record (2-0 vs. East Bay, Pomona is 1-1 vs. East Bay, Humboldt and Pomona have only meeting in Arcata next week); San Marcos would currently be #5 seed if eligible
    ================================================== ===========

GNAC (St. Martin's)

#6 Northwest Nazarene (9-9) vs.
    #3 Western Oregon (11-9)

winner vs. #2 Alaska-Anchorage (15-5)

#5 Montana State-Billings (12-8) vs.
    #4 Central Washington (12-6)

winner vs. #1 Western Washington (17-3)

Notes: Central Washington wins tiebreaker by head to head win at MSU-Billings

PacWest (Concordia-Irvine)

#6 Azusa Pacific (10-12) vs.
    #3 Dixie State (14-5)

winner vs. #2 Hawai'i Pacific (19-1)

#5 Point Loma (11-8) vs.
    #4 Chaminade (13-8)

winner vs. #1 California Baptist (19-1)

Notes: CBU wins tiebreaker by head to head win over HPU; Concordia would currently be #4 seed if eligible

Re: If the season ended today...1/28

Thanks for the update and score report from the Chico & UCSD game. I saw that they were playing today. Somebody is likely going to have to look up or remind me of the GNAC tie breakers... That 6th spot has been a popular place for many teams to sit this year, and I have trouble finding some things on the GNAC site. It's not as easy to navigate through as the CCAA & PacWest...

Comment

Re: If the season ended today...1/28

Part of me would like to see SMU make the conference tourney, but the other part of me is afraid for the teams that have to play them at their home court. They and SPU ate a game out of 6th with a lot of basketball still to play though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X