Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC results

Lotsa nail biters all the way around...

NNU 74 over CUP 72- Jones is back and got his monster double-double going again, although Concordia nearly had 3 guys with double doubles. Must've been a fun night. Glad to see the Crusaders getting in on more fun in the GNAC this year.

WOU 85 over CWU 68 - Wow. If I could add a picture of clip art here of a beer for those of you rooting for WOU, I would. So here's to the spirit of a beer for Tsull and Rob. Midseason slump for the Cats? Any night in the GNAC this year is any given result.

UAA 83 over SPU 81 in OT. SPU gets two OT games in one week and splits. Miller had a double double IN THE SECOND HALF to get his falcons back in it. I knew they were going to give the Seawolves trouble this time around. Amazing day here. Suki's cousin rented me a rental car in Seattle today and after I explained I was here for basketball games and we clarified which ones he asked if I was here to root for the green and gold team from Alaska. I said I hated that team (I don't really "hate" anybody, but the lopsided intrastate rivalry results are trying my patience) and explained I was here to root for their ugly step-brother, UAF. Then I attempted to remove my foot from my mouth and we talked about Suki's prospects for NBA vs overseas and I got a free upgrade on my car and proceeded to Lacey where some amazing fun was had! Ha. He said he was going to go root for his cuz tonight and he probably had fun watching Suki score 30 something!

UAF 74 over SMU 72. My Nooks dismantled the Saints with stellar defense and Jorg got completely shut down by the lil Nooks. Nooks were up by 17 with 4 minutes to go and then I think I got a lot of gray hairs in the last 4 minutes as we hung on for dear life. Finally a lucky bounce.

MSUB 93 over SFU 86. SFU putting up some decent numbers. I'm smelling a win for them sometime soonish. Let it not be next week though!

Re: GNAC results

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Lotsa nail biters all the way around...

NNU 74 over CUP 72- Jones is back and got his monster double-double going again, although Concordia nearly had 3 guys with double doubles. Must've been a fun night. Glad to see the Crusaders getting in on more fun in the GNAC this year.

WOU 85 over CWU 68 - Wow. If I could add a picture of clip art here of a beer for those of you rooting for WOU, I would. So here's to the spirit of a beer for Tsull and Rob. Midseason slump for the Cats? Any night in the GNAC this year is any given result.

UAA 83 over SPU 81 in OT. SPU gets two OT games in one week and splits. Miller had a double double IN THE SECOND HALF to get his falcons back in it. I knew they were going to give the Seawolves trouble this time around. Amazing day here. Suki's cousin rented me a rental car in Seattle today and after I explained I was here for basketball games and we clarified which ones he asked if I was here to root for the green and gold team from Alaska. I said I hated that team (I don't really "hate" anybody, but the lopsided intrastate rivalry results are trying my patience) and explained I was here to root for their ugly step-brother, UAF. Then I attempted to remove my foot from my mouth and we talked about Suki's prospects for NBA vs overseas and I got a free upgrade on my car and proceeded to Lacey where some amazing fun was had! Ha. He said he was going to go root for his cuz tonight and he probably had fun watching Suki score 30 something!

UAF 74 over SMU 72. My Nooks dismantled the Saints with stellar defense and Jorg got completely shut down by the lil Nooks. Nooks were up by 17 with 4 minutes to go and then I think I got a lot of gray hairs in the last 4 minutes as we hung on for dear life. Finally a lucky bounce.

MSUB 93 over SFU 86. SFU putting up some decent numbers. I'm smelling a win for them sometime soonish. Let it not be next week though!
    Love the above bold, especially the free upgrade on the rental -- you ain't getting that in the Pac-12! Good win for UAF and thanks for being a die-hard fan, Northern, traveling to games.

Comment

Re: GNAC results

UAA was fortunate to survive a late hot streak by SPU. Early in OT Mitvchell got creamed going in for a layup with no foul call, and he was laying on the court hurt. SPU came down 5-4 and got an open three. Rusty was in the middle of the circle at half court in the ensuing time out trying to get one of the refs to talk to him - luckily the refs refused to go talk to him and he wasn't teed up. Counting the three with no time left on the clock, SPU went 4-4 in a short stretch at the end of regulation and beginning of OT including 3 for 3 from three to take a nice lead. Mitchell really came through for the Seawolves in OT. The UAA starting five being all seniors who can keep their cool late in close games can be a nice advantage to have.

Tony Miller had a great second half - he was all but unstoppable but missed some key FT late. He is going to be trouble for opposing teams for a long time and SPU has a bright future with him on board. Wiggs did his usual drives into the teeth of the defense and drew some fouls, made some nice shots and threw up some wild ones without getting the call. He also missed a couple of key FT late.

In a statistic that is opposite from last years team - UAA was outrebounded for the first time all year. For another interesting statistic, despite only having played less than 2 years, Wiggs is now no. 9 all-time scorer for UAA and Hammell is no. 7 on the all-time rebounds list. Not sure which is more impressive.

CWU is in a bit of a tailspin. When the three doesn't go for them, they are very vulnerable. Perhaps teams are now scouting them and getting better defensive schemes. By the time I tuned into the WOU game, it was already out of hand. So not really sure what happened. Will have to see how they adjust going forward. Things seem to be coming together for WOU but with there early losses this season, if they don't win all but 1 or so of the rest of the GNAC schedule, they may have to win the GNAC tourney to get into the regional. UAA has to play them on the road so that is an advantage for them, not sure about the rest of the schedule. [Edit: Just noticed that WOU had handily beat CWU previously - maybe they just match up especially well to CWU(?)]

Not sure about MSUB. They played UAA well at home, but get absolutely destroyed by SMU on the road. Have a hard time reconciling those two games. Perhaps it is just a return to the GNAC of a decade ago, where the goal was to hold serve at home and get half of your road games to win the conference. I seem to recall UAA getting to the NCAA tourney before the era of conf. tourneys, with a 10-6 GNAC record.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X