Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D@ rzatings per Dave Wilson

We've seen the performance indicators. Well, here is Dave Wilson's rankings cut and pasted from his page today at talismanred.com (don't think yesterday's games are included as HPU's second loss not reflected).

W L
    - -
    1 NW Missouri St. 21 0 620
    2 Cal Baptist 20 2 617
    3 Hawaii Pacific 21 1 599
    4 Fairmont St. 21 1 598
    5 San Francisco St . 17 4 597
    6 Tarleton St. 19 3 595
    7 West Liberty 20 1 593
    8 UC San Diego 17 5 587
    9 CS Chico 17 5 580
    10 Southern Indiana 20 2 578
    11 Bellarmine 19 3 575
    12 Dixie State 15 5 573
    13 Barry 19 1 571
    Fort Lewis 19 4 571
    Midwest TX St 14 6 571
    16 Sonoma St. 14 6 570
    17 Ferris St. 20 4 567
    18 Alaska Anchorage 16 6 564
    19 MSU-Moorhead 19 4 562
    Arkansas Tech 15 3 562
    Shippensburg 18 2 562
    22 Indiana, Pa. 21 1 561
    23 Ky. Wesleyan 20 2 560
    TX-Permian Basin 17 4 560
    25 Wis.-Parkside 17 4 558
    Ark Monticello 16 3 558
    W. Washington 16 5 558
    28 W. Texas A&M 14 6 557
    Kutztown 17 2 557
    30 Augustana (SD) 15 7 555
    Colorado Mines 18 4 555
    32 SW Minnesota 18 4 554
    33 Lincoln Memorial 17 4 552
    W. Oregon 12 10 552
    Northern St. (SD) 18 5 552

West region grades out pretty well. Though I am not sure there are enough non-conference games played for this system to be truly accurate nationwide.

Re: D@ rzatings per Dave Wilson

Its a fun website to look at but a few errors some years. Example UAA only has 5 loses on the season not 6. O wonder where they are getting the 6th.

Comment

You might also like massey: http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.ph...2017&sub=11606

Comment

UC San Diego 8th? Funny stuff ... ahead of Southern Indiana and Ferris State? I love my WOU Wolves, but dude, we're barely above .500 and probably shouldn't be mentioned yet.

Comment

I'm with tsull on this one. The Wilson ratings are screwy this year. They didn't seem to be in past years, but they've got so many West region teams ranked WAY higher than they ought to be. There's no way a 12-10 team should be in the top 40. And they haven't kept up with changes across the D2 landscape, like Stillman.

Now, I do think that the teams within their respective regions make sense in the order they've ranked them, but the way they've merged all the regional results together just seems off.

Massey seems to be the most reasonable system this year, IMO.

Comment

Love looking at these list but how correct are they again on the Massey they have UAA record at 19-7. They are 18-5. My guess the shootout games are in there. Those games are exhibitions for UAA. I wonder if other teams schedules are wrong as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ca_ball13 View Post
              Love looking at these list but how correct are they again on the Massey they have UAA record at 19-7. They are 18-5. My guess the shootout games are in there. Those games are exhibitions for UAA. I wonder if other teams schedules are wrong as well?
              I believe that Massey says if the D1 team considers it a regular season game, it counts for both teams. I know Ferris State has an extra loss on theirs from Illinois State.

Comment

WOU is also 13-9, not 12-10, missing a win and a loss.

How difficult is it to find a school's website and look up a record?

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  WOU is also 13-9, not 12-10, missing a win and a loss.

How difficult is it to find a school's website and look up a record?
                  I will say that it is very difficult to keep all records accurate. For the PI's, I use the D2 website by Missouri S&T and copy all the results they post every day. Sometimes there are errors. Sometimes I catch them. Other times you guys catch them. But to check all 300+ schools on a regular basis is not exactly a minor undertaking. I guarantee there are some other errors in my numbers, and I will probably find some when the first regional rankings come out and I see some discrepancies in the results of the ranked teams.

This is why those websites always have a contact link. They appreciate it when you can point out the errors, so then they can correct them and get more accurate results. I encourage you to look at the games they've reported and determine what is missing or incorrect. http://talismanred.com/ratings/hoops/divisionii.shtml

Comment

Doing a quick scan it looks like Wilson counted the Oregon game as a L and hasn't gotten your latest game inputted yet (Seattle Pacific). Also, they skipped your Portland Bible game, as it is called out as an Exhibition on your official schedule. (Note that Oregon was not labeled exhibition, so they counted it)

Comment

This website wouldn't let me cut and paste it but he Herosports website has Cal Baptist as No. 1. WOU is like 26th. Very high on the west region.

http://herosports.com/rankings/colle...ens-basketball

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X