Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU seeking women's hoop coach

Well, they advertised for it. WOU doesn't announce coaching departures on their site, which is odd. A 1-year men's soccer coach is suddenly gone with no word. WOU women's coach Holli Howard-Carpenter struggled a bit at WOU in a decade there, but she also had cancer, pretty serious. I hope she's getting better health-wise.

I went to a couple games this year and I really liked the sets she was running. Her talent wasn't great, two or maybe three players I considered quality. I'm dying to know how many scholarships WOU women's hoop is playing with. I'm guessing it's closer to 1 than 10. WOU has had two winning seasons in 20 years in women's hoop. Way back they won two NAIA II titles, and when I was in school they were winning 25 a year. Those days passed when we questionably went D2.

All I know is Holli Howard-Carpenter deserves a solid send-off from the school, at least online. She gave it her all, and while having cancer. Our very quiet/secretive athletic dept., needs to reach out better to their alums and fans and their public relations should be more than just game scores and individual honors.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X