• Show
Clear All

• GNAC games/results 2/18

WWU @ NNU -

SMU @ MSUB -

SFU @ CWU -

UAA @ WOU -

UAF @ CUP -

All games starting at different times, meaning seriously addicted folks could see many games tonight or pieces of many games. I don't know anyone who would do such a silly thing, but just sayin...

Re: GNAC games/results 2/18

I left the NNU game midway through the 2nd half, Crusaders down 25. WWU has a lot of talent, including point guard Taylor Stafford, who would start on many D-1 teams, I'm thinking the entire Big Sky and most of the WAC and Big West. Yes, he's that good. He hit some deep 3's, ran the club with precision and is extremely fast and quick. He makes everyone better.

Still can't figure out NNU: They have 3 major talents in the front court in Bouna, Jones, and Rodriguez, but they just can't get to that next level. Guards are solid, not great, that might be the problem. They take some odd shots ... down 11 in the first half, they jack a deep 3 and quickly get down 14. Since I've been watching NNU, no matter whom the coach is, the opposition always dictates pace. NNU then plays the pace of the opponent. WWU wanted to run, so NNU ran ... which they shouldn't have.

I want them to do well, I like the coach and players. Been watching them for a decade and I just can't put my finger on what's wrong.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble with stretch internet portal? I left the MSUB game to go to the Concordia game and now I got nothin, nowhere. Nothing available. No live stats, no nothing. Starting to twitch...

Comment

Wolves up 15 ... internet feed working well in Monmouth.

Comment

Can you check the UAF/CUP game for me and give me a score? Pretty please?
          Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Wolves up 15 ... internet feed working well in Monmouth.

Comment

Struggling to get into CU's internet feed.

WOU wins by 18 ... which surprised me.

Comment

Can't even get CU's live stats ... sorry. Is there a radio feed somewhere?

Comment

Concordia 77, UAF 75 ... no idea what happened down the stretch as no stretch internet.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post

WWU @ NNU - WWU 83 over NNU 59. Yes, Stafford transferred to WWU from DI Evansville. AT JC Eastern Arizona, he was an All American too. Not sure whether he'll get "Newcomer of the Year" in the GNAC or POTY, or both?

SMU @ MSUB - MSUB 92 over SMU 83. This was a really good game. Saints outshot MSUB, but MSUB took better care of the ball.

SFU @ CWU - CWU 90 over SFU 76. CWU ends their record streak and gets 28 assists...

UAA @ WOU - WOU 89 over UAA 71. WOU got hot all over the floor.

UAF @ CUP - CUP 77 over UAF 75. Tight game all over it appears. I didn't see any of it. Might be the nail in the coffin for the Nooks, but in the end, they just didn't get it together early enough in the season. Way to go CU for holding off both Alaska squads by a combined 3 points. According to their webpage they ARE eligible for the GNAC tourney, soooooo... Perhaps lots of shuffling around in the standings still next week...
                  Not sure if any of these are upsets anymore with the season we are having.

Comment

So with a week to go, only three tickets to St. Martin's have already been punched. Here's what's left for each team:

#1. Western Washington (21-5, 15-3) -- SPU (WE), Saint Martin's (SA)
                    #2. Alaska-Anchorage (19-7, 13-5) -- NNU (TH), CWU (SA)
                    #3. Western Oregon (15-11, 12-6) -- at Concordia (TU), MSU-Billings (SA)
                    T4. Saint Martin's (15-11, 9-9) -- at Simon Fraser (TH), at WWU (SA)
                    T4. MSU-Billings (14-12, 9-9) -- at Concordia (TH), at WOU (SA)
                    T4. Northwest Nazarene (12-12, 9-9) -- at UAA (TH), at UAF (SA)
                    T7. Central Washington (13-11, 8-10) -- at UAF (TH), at UAA (SA)
                    $T7. Concordia (12-13, 8-10) -- WOU (TU), MSU-Billings (TH)
                    T7. Seattle Pacific (12-14, 8-10) -- at WWU (WE), at SFU (SA)
                    10. Alaska-Fairbanks (12-15, 7-11) -- CWU (TH), NNU (SA)
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                    11. Simon Fraser (3-7, 1-17) -- SMU (TH), SPU (SA)

# = clinched berth in GNAC tournament
                    $ = not eligible for NCAA postseason

Comment

Is Concordia eligible or not? That's the big question. Barberick ought to get coach of the year, but they'll just dish it to the coach with the most talent, the WWU guy.

Comment

If you read Concordia's press release that they issued after their Thursday/Anchorage game, it twice mentions that they are keeping their hopes alive for the GNAC tourney. But what would happen if Concordia gets in and then wins the GNAC tourney? I agree that their coach has done a really nice job. Their future in the GNAC is bright.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                          Barberick ought to get coach of the year, but they'll just dish it to the coach with the most talent, the WWU guy.
                          Recruiting is part of a coach's job, too. If WWU went out and acquired the most talent, then that should be considered when picking COTY. It definitely shouldn't be the only consideration, though.

Comment

Dominguez has underperformed the last several years - but this year he is getting it done. WWU is the only one that has played well week in and week out. I have no problem with him being the COTY in the GNAC. But there are a lot of coaches doing an great job in the GNAC this year.

Just want to say "aaarg" when it comes to my Seawolves. Just as I was believing they had got it together, but hard to beat a team that shoots almost 60% from 3 when you shoot 18%. Not sure, but I think after the rankings that came out last week, it is pretty clear that it would be a long shot for them to get an at large bid at this point. They will probably have to win the GNAC tourney.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X