Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's hoops

I went to a women's basketball game yesterday with Western Oregon playing at division 3 Willamette university, the Wolves won by about 15. There's a clear distinction between the two divisions in talent. Western has a couple really nice players in McClave, a thousand point career scorer at the school and Pedrojetti, a transfer.

I don't think they have the talent or depth to win the league title this year but it was nice to see them playing well. Our women's hoops program has been down for quite a while and I blame more lack of scholarships then coaching. I thought last year's team was making some progress. The new coach seems to know what she's doing.

I haven't checked but I'm guessing you UAA and Western Washington again are really good. I know Central Washington had a phenomenal player last year, but I think she's graduated. Anyway it's a fun game and I hope to catch some more women's hoops this year.

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    I went to a women's basketball game yesterday with Western Oregon playing at division 3 Willamette university, the Wolves won by about 15. There's a clear distinction between the two divisions in talent. Western has a couple really nice players in McClave, a thousand point career scorer at the school and Pedrojetti, a transfer.

I don't think they have the talent or depth to win the league title this year but it was nice to see them playing well. Our women's hoops program has been down for quite a while and I blame more lack of scholarships then coaching. I thought last year's team was making some progress. The new coach seems to know what she's doing.

I haven't checked but I'm guessing you UAA and Western Washington again are really good. I know Central Washington had a phenomenal player last year, but I think she's graduated. Anyway it's a fun game and I hope to catch some more women's hoops this year.
    She's graduated and is playing...........overseas I believe?

CWU has had a nice start to the season. I'm still on the fence with Billings. They were ranked No. 1 in the GNAC preseason poll, but I think 4 of their wins have come against NAIA. They already have a W over UAA, RMAC preseason #1 Regis and they have a close losses to powerhouse WT and ranked Colorado Mines and Texas Women's College so maybe they're legit.

Comment

She averaged 20 pts and 15 rbs a game in the second-tier league in Australia. Central still has the two guards that are capable of taking down anybody, but they'll be much less consistent this year.

Billings is pretty solid, picked up a transfer from Montana State that has improved their inside game - although they are 1-3 in the four games they've played against good D2 competition, so have something still to prove. I think Western Washington is better, Walling is one of the best players in the country and the pieces around her fit pretty well. Also picked up a couple D1 transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
        She averaged 20 pts and 15 rbs a game in the second-tier league in Australia. Central still has the two guards that are capable of taking down anybody, but they'll be much less consistent this year.

Billings is pretty solid, picked up a transfer from Montana State that has improved their inside game - although they are 1-3 in the four games they've played against good D2 competition, so have something still to prove. I think Western Washington is better, Walling is one of the best players in the country and the pieces around her fit pretty well. Also picked up a couple D1 transfers.
        Good info, hoping to catch more women's games this year. Hate to be a total bandwagon jumper, but the WOU men's team is frustrating, while our women's team appears to be competitive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X