Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Unofficial Official West Region Conference Tourney Thread

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
    If the line on the CSULA - SF State is 167 points, I'll take the under. Haven't paid that much attention this year but that would be a lot of points for the CCAA.

You were right, but it was close! Gators won 93-67. I watched that one online. It was a rout from the start. SF just had the energy and LA was walking dead. If you aren't a stout defensive team, the Gators can roll up big points on you in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Will Chico be streaming their home game for free as per usual in the regular season for them? How bout UCSD, SSU, or SFSU streams?
      Chico won a close battle with Dominguez to exercise last year's CCAA tourney daemons. Interesting note, despite all of their success, they have never a conference tournament before. Is this the year??

Comment

Sonoma holds on to beat Pomona 63-56.

San Diego up 5 with 3 minutes to go against Humboldt.

Comment

UCSD wins. I watched the Chico game and some of the Sonoma State game. Though CSUDH and Pomona both had a chance but didn't have quite enough to get it done. Well, I was kind of rooting for CPP, but no surprise long shot in the mix so can't complain I guess.

Comment

Clearly the second game of the night in the GNAC looks to be the better game with Concordia and the Saint's playing a good one. Nice crowd, lots of energy and two teams playing hard. The MSUB & WOU game was almost painful at times... MSUB got into this tourney on a tie-breaker and because SPU lost to SFU (had SPU won the last night, they would have played WOU tonight!) and they just didn't have it... But I'm completely in agreement with you, Tsull. Your WOU boys are hard to root for this year. Let's hope that Shaw recruits more basketball IQ this spring rather than just athleticism... Equally as aggravating as they are athletic. Except for Omlid who has the IQ and the athleticism.

Comment

Does the CCAA update their official website? I see scores only through the regular season.

Comment

Dixie loses to Point Loma, didn't see that happening. Former SPU coach Ryan Looney moves on for Point Loma.

Comment

Fun day ahead everyone!

2:45 - Cal Baptist v Point Loma
                  5:15 - Western Oregon v Anchorage
                  5:35 - UC San Diego v Chico State
                  7:15 - Chaminade v Hawaii Pacific
                  7:30 - Saint Martin's v Western Washington
                  8:05 - SF State v Sonoma State

Here is the link to watch the CCAA games. Free, I think: http://goccaa.org/sports/2016/12/2/2...px?path=mbball

The beginnings of March Madness!

Comment

Holy Cow... Pac Westers. What the heck happened to CBU?

Comment

For all my schadenfreude, it may just be a case of Point Loma matching up with them particularly well, but it is concerning.

Comment

Top seeds advanced fairly comfortably last night for the CCAA, unlike the other two conferences. So, UCSD faces SFSU tonight at 7:35. The Tritons beat the Gators in their only meeting this season by 12 in San Francisco. We'll see if the Gators can get some redemption. If San Diego wins, I think they will host the regional. They would have added two quality wins to their resume, while WWU will have added none and CBU lost.

Interesting things at the bottom of the standings. Dixie went 0-1 this weekend, Sonoma went 1-1. Dixie was above Sonoma last week, but that may switch. If there is an upset by Point Loma or Western Oregon today, both of those teams will be sweating it out before Selection Sunday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X