Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-region picks

Collegiate commissioners pick there, I think there's an NABC pick down the road, not sure. This is from WOU's site, so it has a WOU slant, of course. Anyway, no problem with the picks, particularly the top 5, pretty sure that's how I would align it after watching the games this past week. Lots of excellent players in the region:

http://www.wouwolves.com/news/2017/3...-all-west.aspx

Re: All-region picks

How does the CCAA only get 2 players on this? 5 Pac West players? I see how that makes sense. CCAA put 4 teams in the regional, including the host. I guess voters just go off of stats. So, playing in the league that plays no defense and has 5 horrible teams that hemorrhage points is how you get recognized. I hope the NABC voters used a little more sense...

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
      How does the CCAA only get 2 players on this? 5 Pac West players? I see how that makes sense. CCAA put 4 teams in the regional, including the host. I guess voters just go off of stats. So, playing in the league that plays no defense and has 5 horrible teams that hemorrhage points is how you get recognized. I hope the NABC voters used a little more sense...
      Chico should've had someone in there. From the one game I watched, they had some serious talent.

Comment

NABC All-Region teams are out... Looks like the CCAA got snubbed again.

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.co...ion-032017.pdf

The first team has 2 players from each conference. Second team is littered with PacWesters and GNACers... I'm sure every one of these players are talented, but I also feel that the strongest teams/conference should be represented in these individual awards (there is something special about the players who help their teams win, rather than just rack up stats). I think you are right CCAA_fanatic, sometimes the gaudy stat line gets the award though. In the end, the better team wins games and these things are relatively meaningless. The only team in the region still playing is not represented, but they do get to keep playing when everyone else is done.

Comment

The issue is probably that no one watches the games from the other conferences. GNAC votes GNAC, then will check stats on the other leagues, CCAA and PacWest the same. Klie (UCSD) gets it because he was CCAA MVP. Jackson (SFSU) gets it because he was second leading scorer in league and team finished second. Chico gets snubbed because they have Duncan, Ellis, McFarren, and Silverstrom who are all worthy. Their vote gets split and end up with nothing.

I heard from a coach that you don't nominate. You can vote for anyone. NABC should probably fix that if they want a more fair representation. Chico should be able to pick the 2 guys they want so they have a chance. In the end, you're right northernGNAC, Chico gets the reward of Spring Break in South Dakota!!

Comment

If Chico had 4 guys worthy of all-region, they should have finished in better than tied for 3rd place in the CCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
              If Chico had 4 guys worthy of all-region, they should have finished in better than tied for 3rd place in the CCAA.
              I saw one Chico guy that stood out to me, they were more like this great TEAM than a bunch of great individuals. I'm finding that works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post

I don't mean that they had 4 fours who should have made it, I just meant that they had 4 guys who could have been voted for. Different guys stepped up different nights. There wasn't one clear "best player" on their roster. Had there been, they probably would have had someone on the all region team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X