Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-B's leading scorer transfers

Preston Beverly, who averaged 18 ppg for the MSU-Billings last season,5th in the GNAC, is transferring out, according to Verbal Commits. He just finished his sophomore season.

Re: MSU-B's leading scorer transfers

Big blow for MSUB... VC says he has "interest" from Cal State East Bay (know nothing about them), Portland State (no coach presently, but you already alluded to the fact that they might be hiring a good coach in your other coaching rumor thread), Point Loma (Beverly would have to grow a lot to lean to play in Looney's patient and methodical offense that doesn't involve jacking 3s early int he shot clock from well beyond the arc-not saying he can't grow into that, but it's a very disciplined style of play with Looney, I presume), and Cal Baptist which is also interesting because they have Todd and Birketoft there now, so he would have a lot of competition for tick there...

Would like to not be hearing about a GNAC exit this spring, including coach Shaw at WOU. For some guys on the WOU team that would be their 3rd coach there.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      Preston Beverly, who averaged 18 ppg for the MSU-Billings last season,5th in the GNAC, is transferring out, according to Verbal Commits. He just finished his sophomore season.
      Hello, this is Nathan LeClair from Verbal Commits. Preston is looking to go either a D1 or D2 closer to his home in California. He's fielded calls from Cal State Los Angeles, Midwestern State, Fresno Pacific and Cal Poly Pomona today.

Comment

Interesting he left after leading a team in scoring. I find a good many of these transfers fall off the map when they leave what was a pretty good situation. Maybe he got tired of the cold, I know I got tired of the long winter. There's no guarantee that he's a D-1 player, if he was he would've been recruited as one out of high school. There's no guarantee he'll light it up at his next D2 stint. He might improve his stock, he might not. I'd be terribly disappointed if I was the MSU-B coach, investing time, money, travel, to sign him and have him bail, and obviously giving him a lot of playing time and having him a key part of their offense to only see him leave.

Most b-ball players are disgruntled, more than 500 D-1 transfers last year. Not sure what they're looking for in life. My favorites are when a guy goes from Kennesaw State to North Carolina A & T -- great move, I'm sure the NBA scouts will now be paying attention. :curse:

Comment

Originally posted by NathanVC View Post
          Hello, this is Nathan LeClair from Verbal Commits. Preston is looking to go either a D1 or D2 closer to his home in California. He's fielded calls from Cal State Los Angeles, Midwestern State, Fresno Pacific and Cal Poly Pomona today.
          Well, if he's looking to get closer to home, he's certainly got a lot of offers lined up that would get him closer to home. We'll see. He's a great player and seems to still have a lot of upside to his game too. But, yes, I agree that it has to be a big, big blow to coach Stevens. At least he's making his move early, so Steven's has a full offseason to try to put new pieces in place for his team.

P.S. It's not that cold in Billings.

Comment

Doesn't one know when they're signing with a Montana school out of high school that it's in the sticks, cold, and far from sunny California? Why not NOT sign in the first place and sign with one of the number of D2 Cali schools coming out of high school? What a clown show ...

Comment

He is not really what I would call a prototypical CCAA player - not a great athlete. I was pretty impressed with what I saw of him as a freshman, but he showed very little to me this year - fouled out and didn't score a point at Anchorage. In the other games I watched - well, repeatedly jacking up NBA threes early in the shot clock isn't a flattering look if you aren't hitting them. Just didn't seem like his heart was in it this year when I saw him play. If you aren't happy and your heart isn't into it, then by all means look elsewhere. You aren't going to do you team any good playing unhappy.

Comment

Preston Beverly has offers from a lot of CCAA and PacWest schools. Here's the CCAA, and you can click on PacWest to see where he's at there:

http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/ccaa

Glad WOU isn't after him, already have enough guys on the team and enough transfers from last year ... though I'm guessing in the spring they add a bunch more.

* The 6-9 post from Point Loma, Bouman, is transferring out. He's from McMinnville, Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  Preston Beverly has offers from a lot of CCAA and PacWest schools. Here's the CCAA, and you can click on PacWest to see where he's at there:

http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/ccaa

Glad WOU isn't after him, already have enough guys on the team and enough transfers from last year ... though I'm guessing in the spring they add a bunch more.

* The 6-9 post from Point Loma, Bouman, is transferring out. He's from McMinnville, Oregon.
                  Elsewhere I saw that WOU Rfrosh, Tristan Miguel is transferring to a community college (Highline?)... Don't know why, but I can only imagine how it might feel to be one of 6 redshirts and wondering if you'll ever see playing time before jr season. Although signing freshman straight outa high school is great, if they never get to play, I can see the frustration and advantage for them of going to JC, getting experience and then coming back ready to compete for minutes.

Interesting the Bouman is leaving Point Loma after one season because he originally signed with SPU last spring and was part of the recruiting class that then followed Looney to Point Loma from SPU... Maybe he'll come back to SPU????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X