Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching rumors

From Hoopdirt.com:

Luke Jackson was runner-up to Shaw two years ago for the WOU job. I like Jim a lot, went to school with him, he's doing a fantastic job. Unfortunately, the lure of D1 or another D2 job in the case of our former coach, Brady Bergeson, takes people out of Monmouth, Oregon, and to brighter lights and bigger cities. (Wasn't that the name of a book and movie?)

I really don't want another WOU coaching change. It often upsets things. They struck gold on back-to-back hires, not sure they do so again ... unless Shaw went to PSU and they hired Luke Jackson. One thing I like about the WOU football program: Coach Ferguson has done a great job and stayed in Monmouth for a long time.

Re: Coaching rumors

In CCAA news: The Monterey Bay job is open. Coach Rob Bishop got fired last week after 9 seasons. He had made the 8-team conference tournament just twice. This year they only one 4 games. Monterey Bay is one of the tougher jobs in the league, though. Not a lot of resources or facilities at the school from what I hear.

Also, San Marcos has opened up their job, but it is assumed that they will keep BJ Foster in place. He was the interim coach following Jimmy Saia's departure, and they seemed to have a solid year. Seems like a formality that they will keep him in place. The CSU makes you open every position to the public and you must to interviews, etc.

Comment

I understand the moving up bit, but it gets tiring that D2 is a drop-off place for disgruntled D-1 players and a rest stop for coaches. Good thing I'm a purist and like D2 athletics. Between the lack of overall fan interest, the laisse faire attitude of D2 athletic directors, and player/coach movement, it can get quite frustrating to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
        In CCAA news: The Monterey Bay job is open. Coach Rob Bishop got fired last week after 9 seasons. He had made the 8-team conference tournament just twice. This year they only one 4 games. Monterey Bay is one of the tougher jobs in the league, though. Not a lot of resources or facilities at the school from what I hear.

Also, San Marcos has opened up their job, but it is assumed that they will keep BJ Foster in place. He was the interim coach following Jimmy Saia's departure, and they seemed to have a solid year. Seems like a formality that they will keep him in place. The CSU makes you open every position to the public and you must to interviews, etc.
        I was under the impression that most state-owned schools were required to post coaching vacancies, even if the AD has already decided on keeping the 'interim' head coach.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Luke Jackson was runner-up to Shaw two years ago for the WOU job. I like Jim a lot, went to school with him, he's doing a fantastic job. Unfortunately, the lure of D1 or another D2 job in the case of our former coach, Brady Bergeson, takes people out of Monmouth, Oregon, and to brighter lights and bigger cities. (Wasn't that the name of a book and movie?)
          The good news is that if you have to worry about people hiring away your coach, your team has been doing well. Better than the opposite problem.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X