Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chico gets #6 seed in Elite 8

Based on the records, a loaded field. NW Missouri one loss, but a 2 seed. I guess at this time of the year everyone has a good record, but there really are some outstanding won-loss marks here:

Men's Division II Elite Eight - Sioux Falls, South Dakota

all times Central

March 22
    #1 Fairmont State (32-2) - 12:00 p.m.
    #8 Rollins (24-10)

#4 Bellarmine (31-3) - 2:30 p.m.
    #5 Colorado School of Mines (30-4)

#2 Northwest Missouri State (32-1) - 6:00 p.m.
    #7 St. Thomas Aquinas (28-5)

#3 Lincoln Memorial (29-5) - 8:30 p.m.
    #6 Cal State-Chico (26-7)

Re: Chico gets #6 seed in Elite 8

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Based on the records, a loaded field. NW Missouri one loss, but a 2 seed. I guess at this time of the year everyone has a good record, but there really are some outstanding won-loss marks here:

Men's Division II Elite Eight - Sioux Falls, South Dakota

all times Central

March 22
    #1 Fairmont State (32-2) - 12:00 p.m.
    #8 Rollins (24-10)

#4 Bellarmine (31-3) - 2:30 p.m.
    #5 Colorado School of Mines (30-4)

#2 Northwest Missouri State (32-1) - 6:00 p.m.
    #7 St. Thomas Aquinas (28-5)

#3 Lincoln Memorial (29-5) - 8:30 p.m.
    #6 Cal State-Chico (26-7)
    Definitely should be interesting, as always. Northwest Missouri State is the team that knocked my Vikings out in the 2nd round this year, and I'm not at all surprised that they only have 1 loss. Their point guard, Justin Pitts, is incredible. 5'9" and maybe 145 pounds, but he is ridiculous. He received one national Player of the Year award today actually. Unfortunately, he's only a junior.

Interestingly, NWMSU is the team Augie beat last year to reach the Regional Championship, and Augie's coach said in the press conference after that game that he thought NWMSU would win the National Championship this year. So far, they're living up to the hype. I know Fairmont is in a region out east that has a handful of teams with incredibly strong records, so it will be interesting to see if the region itself is tough or if just a few teams in the region are tough.

One last thought to ramble a bit about my beloved Central Region. Last year's National Champion was the #2 seed after the Elite Eight re-seedings, with Lincoln Memorial earning the #1 seed. Maybe NWMSU is destined to make it two years in a row that #2 seeds win the Elite Eight. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Definitely should be interesting, as always. Northwest Missouri State is the team that knocked my Vikings out in the 2nd round this year, and I'm not at all surprised that they only have 1 loss. Their point guard, Justin Pitts, is incredible. 5'9" and maybe 145 pounds, but he is ridiculous. He received one national Player of the Year award today actually. Unfortunately, he's only a junior.

Interestingly, NWMSU is the team Augie beat last year to reach the Regional Championship, and Augie's coach said in the press conference after that game that he thought NWMSU would win the National Championship this year. So far, they're living up to the hype. I know Fairmont is in a region out east that has a handful of teams with incredibly strong records, so it will be interesting to see if the region itself is tough or if just a few teams in the region are tough.

One last thought to ramble a bit about my beloved Central Region. Last year's National Champion was the #2 seed after the Elite Eight re-seedings, with Lincoln Memorial earning the #1 seed. Maybe NWMSU is destined to make it two years in a row that #2 seeds win the Elite Eight. :)
      Hope so ;-)

Comment

If going on recent history, then I think Lincoln and BU are the teams. I also happen to think that they are the best two teams anyway. Lincoln definitely has the talent and BU has the discipline and coaching to go along with some pretty good talent.

Comment

Cal Baptist's run on the women's side ends in the semis as they fall to Virginia Union, 87-81. Tough ending for the Lancers. They got outscored 16-5 over the last four minutes. But that's what happens when you give up 21 offensive rebounds.

Comment

Chico trails 30-29 at half-time to Lincoln Memorial. Gotta be pleased with that. The game is at a grinder-style tempo, which is obviously good for Chico. Duncan has played well. Silverstrom (their leading scorer) has been awful so far. Don't think he's made a shot. Threw the first shot of the game off the backboard from 3. If he can get going, that would be a big spark for the Wildcats.

They seem to have the size and athleticism to hang, so they will need their skill guys to make shots down the stretch. Time will tell!

Comment

Pretty even first half for Chico with LMU. They had a scoring drought there at the end of the first half, but still got good looks, just couldn't get them to go down. Room for improvement, but they seem to be representing well so far. They seem to be controlling tempo pretty well as it sounds like LMU likes to score a lot on the season.

Comment

Wildcats with great looks but can't come up with anything for a two minute stretch. Tie game turns into a 60-54 deficit with 6 minutes to go.

Comment

Offense goes ice cold, and Lincoln Memorial showed they are a the real deal. Chico loses 74-61. Great run for them, but some of the offensive woes that cost them conference games showed up at the wrong time. Only one team wins their last game, though. Congrats to the Wildcats!

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
                    Offense goes ice cold, and Lincoln Memorial showed they are a the real deal. Chico loses 74-61. Great run for them, but some of the offensive woes that cost them conference games showed up at the wrong time. Only one team wins their last game, though. Congrats to the Wildcats!
                    Looks like the committee did a good job of seeding as seeds 1 through 4 all advanced to the semifinals. Not a good showing by the West Region to go over there and go one and done. I think overall, the West was a little down this year. I liked Chico, CBU, USD, and at times SFSU and WWU, but really not a lot of standout teams or superstar players like the last two years with WOU/Avgi and APU/Leaf.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X