Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Week Results!

As usual, here is the link to the final, finished spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Let's get in to it!

Championship
    #1 KleShreen - 145.75
    #6 JavsFan - 133.65

We had a barn burner of a championship matchup. However.......for the third straight year.......it is yours truly taking home the crown. I'd like to thank the Academy of D2 Fantasy Football experts, but really I just want to thank Gage Porter, who has been my ride-or-die for two straight years, and rides off in to the sunset as a two-time D2 Fantasy champion and two-time D2 Fantasy MVP. Enjoy retirement, old friend.

My guy Porter got me 50.25 points, the second-highest QB total of the weekend, while my duo of RB Chris Collier (26.1) and RB Jay Harris (25.2) got me just enough, and made not regret benching RB Michal Herzog's 47.5 points. My WR's left a lot to be desired, but part of that, cough cough Ben Noland, was actually a benefit in a way, as it meant that his QB, Jayden Johannsen, also did not have a great time....

Javs got burnt by said Johannsen, as the usual reliable QB only put up 14.05 points, while 43.95 points from QB Peewee Jarrett sat helpless on the bench. Javs had the highest-scoring WR of the week with Tyler Kahmann's 34.4 point performance, and also got 31.5 from RB Malakai Brown.

It was a highly-competitive championship match, and I'll do my best to lead this group of D2 Fantasy owners as your emperor for my third term.

Third-Place Match
    #5 Wayne Cavadi - 180.45
    #7 gr8ness97 - 63.8

Our buttkicking of the week took place in the third-place match, where Wayne Cavadi put up one of the highest team scores we've seen all year, behind a legendary 64.3-point performance from RB Jordan Terrell, who toted the ball over 40 times and put up 400 yards and 4 TD's on the ground. Wayne also had the highest-scoring QB of the week, with Braden Gleason's 56.65 points. WR Jelani Baker chipped in another 32.1 of his own for the victory.

There obviously wasn't much gr8 could do about that. He got 35.9 points from QB Patrick Shegog, but didn't have another starter make it in to double digits, unfortunately.

Fifth-Place Match
    #2 Fro-th_and_goal - 130.8
    #4 Matt Witwicki - 120.6

Our closest match of the weekend was our fifth-place matchup, where Fro escaped with the victory behind 37.9 points from RB Jariq Scales and 36.4 from QB Kyle Walljasper. He benched 36.4 points from Donald Austin, but didn't have to regret anything.

Matt got the reliable 40 point game from QB John Matocha, but his favorite target, Max McLeod, had a rather pedestrian, for him at least, 16.2 points. RB Jarod Epperson gave him a chance with 28.8 points, but the usually-reliable Reggie Retzlaff struggled to a 4.4-point game which ultimately led to the loss.

Seventh-Place Match
    #3 Mule Man - 124.5
    #8 Runnin' Cat - 89.3

MM comes away with the dub in the seventh-place match behind 38 points from QB Zach Zebrowski, who might not have had another eye-popping performance, but did well enough. RB Joel Felder delivered a 30.5 point game for MM on the way to victory.

RC got 28.6 points from QB Casey Bauman and 21.3 points from WR Hasaan Williams, but couldn't get over Kason Philips' 1.7 point game. RB Nolan Susel with 29.6 points was on the bench, but that would not have been enough to earn the victory, either way.

So that leaves our final and complete playoff bracket and results looking like this:

Here are the final results if you can't read them on the photo (you should be able to click on it to enlarge it)

Champion: KleShreen
    Runner-Up: JavsFan
    Third Place: Wayne Cavadi
    Fourth Place: gr8ness97
    Fifth Place: Fro-th_and_goal
    Sixth Place: Matt Witwicki
    Seventh Place: Mule Man
    Eighth Place: Runnin' Cat

Thanks to everyone for playing! We'll hopefully have as many of you as possible back for next year's version!
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X