Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative playoff seeding plans

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    I still laugh when I think about first round playoff games between Michigan teams and Texas teams in a regionalized system
    I dont. I made that trip more than once, and its brutal on Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
      I was thinking a better response was 2004. Pitt and NW both undefeated, ranked 1 and 2 nationally (irrelevant for playoffs I know) and played last game of the year. Both were top seeds in the region for the playoffs with byes and played again in the regional final.
      Good call.

Comment

Yeah Pitt and NW in 04, 05 and I think 08

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Yeah Pitt and NW in 04, 05 and I think 08
          2011. 2008 was the second round game where Osborn had eyes in the back of his head on fourth down. NW beat ACU with Bernard Scott, Johnny Knox, and Clyde Gates the following week in the regional final. From 2004 to 2013, there was at least one MIAA team in the regional final.

Comment

Ahhhhh...Must be that time of year! First Regional Rankings coming out is bound to result in the obligatory "I know how to "fix" the DII playoffs" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              Ahhhhh...Must be that time of year! First Regional Rankings coming out is bound to result in the obligatory "I know how to "fix" the DII playoffs" thread.
              Of course, but unless I missed it we didn't get the "hey when is the regional rankings coming out" thred 6 weeks into the season like we normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                2011. 2008 was the second round game where Osborn had eyes in the back of his head on fourth down. NW beat ACU with Bernard Scott, Johnny Knox, and Clyde Gates the following week in the regional final. From 2004 to 2013, there was at least one MIAA team in the regional final.
                In 2011 Pitt had to play Washburn before NW, too.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                  Of course, but unless I missed it we didn't get the "hey when is the regional rankings coming out" thred 6 weeks into the season like we normally do.
                  That is true. So you're saying there is a chance that next year we won't have to rehash any of the mired of the "better" "plans" for playoff selections???

Comment

That is true. So you're saying there is a chance that next year we won't have to rehash any of the mired of the "better" "plans" for playoff selections???
                    :laugh: Nope!

As kids we Daydreamed now as adults we forum [Can forum be used as a verb?]

Comment

Yes, you must have missed it. I answered one a couple of weeks ago on that so it was right on time.

Comment

:laugh: Nope!

As kids we Daydreamed now as adults we forum [Can forum be used as a verb?]
                        Hahahaha...I agree!

Apparently the rules of normal grammar don't apply in cyberspace...so yea, forum can be used as a verb, or any other grammatical construct you care to dangle. That would be lit AF!!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Yes, you must have missed it. I answered one a couple of weeks ago on that so it was right on time.
                          We still have the "How does SOS work thread to look forward to!" Followed closely by the "I've run the numbers through my system and I know who the playoff selectees will be" thread! And to close out the football playing year the "Didn't deserve to be in the NC game" thread. Of course the latter soon devolves into a variation on the alternative playoff selection thread.

Comment

We still have the "How does SOS work thread to look forward to!" Followed closely by the "I've run the numbers through my system and I know who the playoff selectees will be" thread! And to close out the football playing year the "Didn't deserve to be in the NC game" thread. Of course the latter soon devolves into a variation on the alternative playoff selection thread.
                            Didn't deserve to be in the NC threads only come up if GV isn't in the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Didn't deserve to be in the NC threads only come up if GV isn't in the championship game.
                              Certainly then, but I recall these threads when Shepherd and Winston-Salem made the NC game. Of course, GV didn't make the playoffs those years so your premise might be correct! This thread is sometimes disguised as "The REAL NC game was the SRX Championship game" or "The semifinal game was the REAL NC game."
                              Last edited by boatcapt; 10-24-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Too many post to quote too little time :smile-big: but I did do the run the numbers through my system one but just for region 2 (where's that embarrassed Smiley)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X