Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    12 teams are currently operating at over 100% capacity for the entire season thus far:

Clark Atlanta (434% - I'm thinking maybe their listed stadium capacity is incorrect)
    Simon Fraser (152%)
    Assumption (133%)
    Morehouse (131%)
    Central Washington (130%)
    New Haven (117%)
    Franklin Pierce (110%)
    Grand Valley State (110%)
    CSU Pueblo (109%)
    Pittsburg State (107%)
    Tarleton State (106%)
    NW Missouri State (100.5%)

And those are for the season. Between 2-5 home games for each of them, and that is their average % capacity in all home games.
    On Simon Frasier, they are also in the process of upgrading their stadium. They are adding permanent seating and room for more to be added. Here is a nice article about it: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sfu-...enderings-2019

Comment

The actual comment was that it was the best environment he had seen at a showcase game in the 3 years they've been doing them. The best in D2 came from several years ago and was just repeated. I think the point my colleague here is trying to make is its very impressive to fill a stadium like that with a student body of barley 2,000, and that's the largest its ever been.

One thing I will say, I travel to most all our road games, including playoffs, and no ones tailgate scene is even in the same ballpark as ours.

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
      I once worked in Hickory NC. If the Crawdads are out of season, I'm sure the population needs somewhere to go on Saturdays.
      Must not have been here in awhile, there's all kinds of things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
        The actual comment was that it was the best environment he had seen at a showcase game in the 3 years they've been doing them. The best in D2 came from several years ago and was just repeated. I think the point my colleague here is trying to make is its very impressive to fill a stadium like that with a student body of barley 2,000, and that's the largest its ever been.

One thing I will say, I travel to most all our road games, including playoffs, and no ones tailgate scene is even in the same ballpark as ours.

No doubt about that. I agree. It does help that there is a larger population around the school compared to two that he mentioned, but it's still great and I hope it keeps trending like that.

If the actual quote had been used the first time, I never would have said a thing. The guy who said it has a much better grasp on where HE'S been than I do and what those experiences are like on gameday. I have probably become overly sensitive over time to people who get one taste of Division II and speak in absolutes about the entire division. He did not. He was talking about his experiences.

I watched the replay of the game and it was great. I really like how the stadium was packed. It's infinitely better than a broadcast with an empty stadium and no atmosphere.

Bearhof is a great guy. Meant nothing against him in any of these posts.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

If I want to shop or eat at a national chain store/restaurant, I would agree. Although, the Chicken Fried Chicken at The Olde Hickory Tap Room was my favorite, and a visit to the Iron Thunder is always a trip.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post

If I want to shop or eat at a national chain store/restaurant, I would agree. Although, the Chicken Fried Chicken at The Olde Hickory Tap Room was my favorite, and a visit to the Iron Thunder is always a trip.
              You should try The Station, its across the the square and owned by the same company, one of my favorites. We do have a lot of chains here, but there is the science center which rivals big cities, and the Hickory Orchestra is a nice surprise if you're into that kind of music (I know, I didn't believe it existed either). Iron Thunder is certainly an interesting place, thats for sure.

Comment

The Station, Becks BBQ in Hildebrand, Rancho Viejo, hit a few more but it's been a while. Not a bad area. Go LR... see you in the Semi's (hahaa)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X