Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacksonville shuts down their football program

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jacksonville shuts down their football program

    Just announced all salaries and scholarships honored but no more team. Looking for a HC there’s you a gem.

  • #2
    That's wild. I was just on their website yesterday checking to see if Ian Shields was still head coach.

    Comment


    • #3
      He does a disservice to the word coach.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
        He does a disservice to the word coach.
        Oh my... tell us how you really feel
        Cool Story Bro

        Comment


        • #5
          He cost us a National championship in 2014 in my opinion. Took over a great team with most everyone back from National runner up team in 2013. Totally cost us our game with Valdosta by his decision to go for it on fourth down on Valdosta 17 yard line with four yards to go and us with a all conference fg kicker. Final score 23-21. We had thrown four passes the previous five games and he decides to call 12 pass plays at stupid times in the game of which three were intercepted. One on first and goal at the four. We were running it down there throats for over four hundred yards rushing. Any other coach would have won that game by three touchdowns. So ya I have no respect for his coaching abilities. Our defense was dominating in this game as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
            He cost us a National championship in 2014 in my opinion. Took over a great team with most everyone back from National runner up team in 2013. Totally cost us our game with Valdosta by his decision to go for it on fourth down on Valdosta 17 yard line with four yards to go and us with a all conference fg kicker. Final score 23-21. We had thrown four passes the previous five games and he decides to call 12 pass plays at stupid times in the game of which three were intercepted. One on first and goal at the four. We were running it down there throats for over four hundred yards rushing. Any other coach would have won that game by three touchdowns. So ya I have no respect for his coaching abilities. Our defense was dominating in this game as well.
            That's all of your hate?? Seems like you just barely scratched the surface of your hate for the man. Felt like you needed to review a few more of his missed playcalls and maybe work in a way to say that his dog is ugly as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wondering how this would effect D2. Would Stetson, Marist, Davidson, future member Presbyterian look for D2 schools to schedule to fill this hole.
              IMHO: San Diego should just join Big Sky, they would be decent even without schollys.
              That would put the Pioneer back to 10 once St Thomas of Minn joins.
              I doubt San Diego would leave, who would the 12 member be? Go 6 midwest, 6 rest for divisional play. 5 in division, 3 crossover, 3 OOC.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                Just announced all salaries and scholarships honored but no more team. Looking for a HC there’s you a gem.
                Since they were non-scholly what scholarships do they have to honor?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                  Wondering how this would effect D2. Would Stetson, Marist, Davidson, future member Presbyterian look for D2 schools to schedule to fill this hole.
                  IMHO: San Diego should just join Big Sky, they would be decent even without schollys.
                  That would put the Pioneer back to 10 once St Thomas of Minn joins.
                  I doubt San Diego would leave, who would the 12 member be? Go 6 midwest, 6 rest for divisional play. 5 in division, 3 crossover, 3 OOC.
                  Depending on how far the schedules were mapped out I would think Presbyterian or one of the other new schools could slide into Jacksonville's slot for scheduling purposes.

                  Davidson already schedules D2 and D3 schools annually so I would suspect they should continue with that practice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Presbyterian try to schedule some SAC opponents, and they may try to keep some Big South schools on the schedule. Stetson's OOC scheduling over the years seems to be all over the place from NAIA - FCS, so it's anybody's best guess on what they will do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

                    Since they were non-scholly what scholarships do they have to honor?
                    This kind of explains it.

                    https://www.jacksonville.com/article...orts/801250456

                    As I understand DIII football - athletic scholarships are not allowed, however that doesn't prevent universities from awarding other types of scholarships to football players. I assume the PFL operates on similar ideals.

                    Comment

                    Ad3

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X