X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Rays First Round Pick Convicted Of Murdering 3 People With A Bat

This is a bizarre one.

https://247sports.com/Article/mlb-pl...tin-154260007/
    Last edited by crixus; 11-05-2020, 10:43 PM.

I seem to vaguely recall his baseball cards in 2011 - I probably had one or two at one point, back when I was into buying minor league cards.

He had all the talent in the world - which brought him a lot of money and opportunity, and he let it all go. He clearly has some deep-seeded mental issues, and it appears he fell through the mental health system. In no way does that excuse his actions, however. Teams have to put a lot of money on these high round picks, so they rarely let them go so quickly unless something has gone completely wrong.

The crime was committed in 2017 - but it took a while for the trial to happen. Kind of eerie when you consider the Charlie Haeger situation happened just a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      I seem to vaguely recall his baseball cards in 2011 - I probably had one or two at one point, back when I was into buying minor league cards.

He had all the talent in the world - which brought him a lot of money and opportunity, and he let it all go. He clearly has some deep-seeded mental issues, and it appears he fell through the mental health system. In no way does that excuse his actions, however. Teams have to put a lot of money on these high round picks, so they rarely let them go so quickly unless something has gone completely wrong.

The crime was committed in 2017 - but it took a while for the trial to happen. Kind of eerie when you consider the Charlie Haeger situation happened just a month ago.
      Not to make light of Brandon Martin's crimes, but this story will probably make a great TV movie because America loves true crime stories and sports. But it's very sad that three people died.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X